Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Mobile Photos do not work

IronCondorIronCondor Members, Plex Pass Posts: 90 Plex Pass

Nice update but Mobile photos still do not work. Notification bar shows uploading with nothing upload.

Answers

• steveblairsteveblair Members, Plex Pass Posts: 28 Plex Pass

I'm also finding that downloads don't work either. Click on a thumbnail of a photo in my library to see the full version, and I just get "Talking to Server. Working.....", then "Unable to play media. Music and Video works fine.

• IronCondorIronCondor Members, Plex Pass Posts: 90 Plex Pass

Actually for me it does not upload from any of my Android devices.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 14,509 Plex Employee

Please recreate the issue then provide the log from the app.

Who can I email these logs too?

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 14,509 Plex Employee

You can PM the log to me.

• wessel_kwessel_k Members, Plex Pass Posts: 18 Plex Pass

Hi,

I also have this issue using android 6.0.1 on a Oneplus One. But this issue also happens on a samsung sm-t2105. It's not happening on our IPhone 5s.
    The server responds with " VERBOSE - We didn't receive any data from x.x.x.x:57363 in time, dropping connection."
    I already have the log for the oneplus. Do you want that also?
    It started with the photo folders added after november 16th. I updated to 1.3.0 november 23rd.
    If there is any way I can help, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Wessel

Yes, please send both logs my way.

@wessel_k - Sorry for the delay. The holidays got in the way. I looked at your log and I do see an error with it trying to upload photos. I'm not sure what the error means so I'll have to pass it up to the devs. It may take a little while to get an answer. They are quite busy at the moment.

via Email
    Hi,

No problem. The holidays did cause some delays on other things overhere
    also.

I'm happy to wait for it to be solved. Considering the upload
    functionality, at the moment I'm not using the automatic upload for my
    Android phone. My wife has an iPhone which has the automatic upload
    function turned on.

Hope this helps to identify the issue. I also mentioned this thread to
    somebody else who is also experiencing this.

Regards,

Wessel

I was the original poster. When the DVR beta was updated the issue was fixed.

OK,

I'm running the latest plexpass version on the server and also the latest android version.

Regards,

Wessel

Hi MovieFan.Plex,

Did you already receive an update from the devs?

Kind regards,

Wessel

Sorry, no update yet. The error in your log is very generic and does not point to a specific issue. We're trying to recreate the error to find the cause.

Not a suggestion, but just a question at this point. Have you tried starting over? By that, I mean deleting the photo library and all the upload settings and recreate it all.

edited February 7

Hi MovieFan.Plex,
    ~~
    I found the issue I guess. On the old library I disabled the option to 'enable video preview thumbnails' within the advanced section of the library and after refreshing the library i could suddenly watch the images again from my Android phone.
    In the meantime I was also rebuilding a new photo library, until the generation of the thumbnails the library works but after completing the library refresh it suddenly doesn't seem to be working anymore.
    I'm testing it on the new library also. And unchecking the option and removing the miniatures I could access it again.
    I'm not sure it's plex or a 'corrupt' video, but it works. ~~

After further investigation I might have been a little premature with my conclusions. After the post I went on rebuilding the libraries and noticed that I accidently had a directory defined within the library which was the same folder but symlinked. And I think that is not a real good idea. ;-)
    After removing the scanning of both photo libraries started to act normal and I also optimized the library which probably also helped a bit.
    Thanks for your effort. Hopefully it helps other people with the same issue.

Kind Regards,

Wessel

• ken830ken830 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 22 Plex Pass

I also started to notice this issue. Android client viewing photo library always shows "Talking to Server. Working....." then "Unable to play media". Videos work. Web client works.

@ken830 Could it be that you have a symlink within your library, that causes a loop or duplicate photos?

I did not knowingly create any symlinks. But if something like that was the cause, wouldn't web and OpenPHT/PMP(Windows) have the same issue? Only see this on Android -- all of my Android devices. Used to work, but I'm not sure which client/server version ago.

I know. Same here. But rebuilding the library seemed to solve the issue until he started to scan the symlinked folder. This happened with two separate libraries. And only with current server android combination. BTW. My symlinked folder pointed to a folder already available within that library.
    I'm also not sure as of which version this issue occurs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Wessel

Is yours completely resolved now?

I can go hunt around for symlinks, but I really don't want to rebuild my library if I don't have to. It's about 4TB of photos and videos.

Yes, mine is resolved now. And the rebuild probably wasn't necessary probably. After removing the symlinked folder from the library, the issue went away. I completely removed the symlink, since it was already obsolete, but I forgot about it.
    You should be able to find symlinked folders with a single search.

Regards,

Wessel