Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

External player

oloolo Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Having put in countless of hours trying to set PHT up to work as flawlessly with external players as the original PMC did, I'm wondering if there's a fix for the new media player to do the same?

If not, I'd like to submit in a request for it... :) From what I understand the android player does this natively?

Answers

• tobiashietatobiashieta Plex Dev Team Posts: 5,524Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

This is not something we are going to add. But PMP is open source and the player is pretty well isolated so writing a external player backend should be possible for a interested third party.

Follow me on twitter @tobiashieta or G+

• oloolo Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

How come you have it for the android etc then? I don't see the difference.... you have a GREAT media platform... but with a 60 inch screen at home I want the perfect picture that I can set up my self... I think many people would appreciate this!

• tobiashietatobiashieta Plex Dev Team Posts: 5,524Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Android get's it for "free". But on Windows/Linux/Mac there is quite a bit of engineering involved.

Follow me on twitter @tobiashieta or G+

• danjames92danjames92 Posts: 3,186Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2016

@olo said:
    How come you have it for the android etc then? I don't see the difference.... you have a GREAT media platform... but with a 60 inch screen at home I want the perfect picture that I can set up my self... I think many people would appreciate this!

What makes you think mpv is a bad video player? It's actually very good. There's plenty of quality presets that you can tune. See here:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/188836/high-quality-video-rendering-planned/p8

Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub

• dan6766@gmail.comdan6766@gmail.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

has anyone spent time integrating PowerDVD 16 into Plex?

any advise, guidance, instructions etc would be appreciated. :)

• The4RumThe4Rum Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi olo and tobiashieta,

I would like to know how deep into using an external player did olo go. Or how deep is tobiashieta's knowledge of the underpinnings of PMP? All I ask is a conceptual answer from any of you that know so much more than I.

I would like to ask if theoretically and with customization to the PMP open source, could the stream coming from the PMS be streamed to a hardware player like an Oppo UDP-203? The concept is PMP presents very beautifully my library and upon hitting play the stream coming from the PMS be diverted or passed-thru to an input on the Oppo UDP-203 that expects a stream to play.

• ced0072ced0072 Posts: 54Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

That would be really great to have an external player option for PMP.

Windows 10 64bits
    Core i7 4770K, 16G RAM, Asus GTX1060
    PMS and PMP
    LG OLED 65C6V
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Focal Dome 5.1 Speakers