Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

REWARD: Profile to stream ALAC to Yamaha NXN500 Speakers (MusicCast)

KettyKruegerKettyKrueger Members, Plex Pass Posts: 51 Plex Pass
edited August 11 in DLNA

Hi

I can't steam ALAC (Apple Lossless) files via DLNA from Plex. I have a pair of Yamaha N-XN500 active speakers that support ALAC (in fact, I'm using a different DLNA client to stream ALAC files right now).

Would be grateful to anyone that can write me a profile so I can stream Apple Lossless files. Will throw in a small reward of $5 (not much I know but better than nothing!).

Thanks

Answers

• KettyKruegerKettyKrueger Members, Plex Pass Posts: 51 Plex Pass

Any ideas? Sorry to bump this.

I've tried writing one myself by modifying an existing Yamaha profile but that didn't work, I need professional help!

• ersinuersinu Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

I have the same problem: Cannot stream ALAC files from Plex DLNA to Yamaha NX-N500. Other formats work ok.
    Any suggestions from anyone?

Bump for the weekend.

• jmckeejmckee Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 4,829 Plex Ninja

There is no Yamaha profile that comes with Plex so when a Yahama device requests a file that file is sent directly to the device as if it were a simple file transfer.

If the ALAC file specifically is causing a problem you would need to install/create a DLNA profile for the device that converts the ALAC file to a format that can be played back without issues.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm aware of that but have been unsuccessfully in creating the profile file.

Do anyone have a file for Yamaha products that I could adapt?

@jmckee said:
    There is no Yamaha profile that comes with Plex so when a Yahama device requests a file that file is sent directly to the device as if it were a simple file transfer.

If the ALAC file specifically is causing a problem you would need to install/create a DLNA profile for the device that converts the ALAC file to a format that can be played back without issues.

• ijhammoijhammo Members, Plex Pass Posts: 196 Plex Pass
    edited July 7

Did anyone every get this working? I still haven' t and really want to ditch the Serviio DLNA server and do everything in Plex

Bump - still have not been able to get this to work!

No sorry. I'm still using Twonky but would love to use Plex too.

It must be doable - writing the profile should in theory be doable as the devices support ALAC when using Twonky and Serviio. Must be someone out there who knows how to do it.

I'd happily pay for someone to do it!

Please see update for reward!!!!!