If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

REWARD: Profile to stream ALAC to Yamaha NXN500 Speakers (MusicCast)

KettyKruegerKettyKrueger Posts: 64Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited August 11 in DLNA

Hi

I can't steam ALAC (Apple Lossless) files via DLNA from Plex. I have a pair of Yamaha N-XN500 active speakers that support ALAC (in fact, I'm using a different DLNA client to stream ALAC files right now).

Would be grateful to anyone that can write me a profile so I can stream Apple Lossless files. Will throw in a small reward of $5 (not much I know but better than nothing!).

Thanks

Best Answers

• KettyKruegerKettyKrueger Posts: 64Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

@utiko said:
    Hi @KettyKrueger, I have the same issue with ALAC on MusicCast. Still cannot make this profile properly by myself... Can you share your one with me?

Hey, sorry for the delay.

Sure, it's attached. Hope it works for you.

• utikoutiko Posts: 2Members
    Accepted Answer

@KettyKrueger thank you so much, adopted your profile to use it with RX-V483 and WX-030, works for both my devices!

Answers

Any ideas? Sorry to bump this.

I've tried writing one myself by modifying an existing Yamaha profile but that didn't work, I need professional help!

• Ery7Ery7 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass ✭✭

I have the same problem: Cannot stream ALAC files from Plex DLNA to Yamaha NX-N500. Other formats work ok.
    Any suggestions from anyone?

Bump for the weekend.

• jmckeejmckee Posts: 4,985Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

There is no Yamaha profile that comes with Plex so when a Yahama device requests a file that file is sent directly to the device as if it were a simple file transfer.

If the ALAC file specifically is causing a problem you would need to install/create a DLNA profile for the device that converts the ALAC file to a format that can be played back without issues.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm aware of that but have been unsuccessfully in creating the profile file.

Do anyone have a file for Yamaha products that I could adapt?

@jmckee said:
    There is no Yamaha profile that comes with Plex so when a Yahama device requests a file that file is sent directly to the device as if it were a simple file transfer.

If the ALAC file specifically is causing a problem you would need to install/create a DLNA profile for the device that converts the ALAC file to a format that can be played back without issues.

• ijhammoijhammo Posts: 196Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 7

Did anyone every get this working? I still haven' t and really want to ditch the Serviio DLNA server and do everything in Plex

Bump - still have not been able to get this to work!

No sorry. I'm still using Twonky but would love to use Plex too.

It must be doable - writing the profile should in theory be doable as the devices support ALAC when using Twonky and Serviio. Must be someone out there who knows how to do it.

I'd happily pay for someone to do it!

Please see update for reward!!!!!

• Frank LoganFrank Logan Posts: 90Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@KettyKrueger said:

Not sure if your issues was resolved... but if you value your time, and feel that your services are worth a certain dollar amount based on the worth of your work.. then so do others. Supply and demand here seem to be rather uneven. No supply, but constant demand. You may want to tack a zero to the right of that 5.

2012 Samsung HT-E6730W Home Theater
    2012 Samsung UN46ES8000F TV, with attached 2014 Samsung Evolution Kit SEK-2000
    2015 Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6
    Kangaroo PC Pro, Windows 10, Plex Media Server, with 2TB Seagate HDD

@Frank Logan said:

@KettyKrueger said:

Not sure if your issues was resolved... but if you value your time, and feel that your services are worth a certain dollar amount based on the worth of your work.. then so do others. Supply and demand here seem to be rather uneven. No supply, but constant demand. You may want to tack a zero to the right of that 5.

Ha - yeah I know, a meagre reward!

I've sort of resolved my problem. I went to the trouble of writing my own profile, well, I cobbled one together from looking at other profiles. That and countless hours of trial and error.

It's not perfect as it doesn't direct play ALAC files, which was the point really, but I've got it to transcode to FLAC. ALAC to FLAC to better than nothing.

Happy to share if anyone is interested.

Accepted Answer

@utiko said:
    Hi @KettyKrueger, I have the same issue with ALAC on MusicCast. Still cannot make this profile properly by myself... Can you share your one with me?

Hey, sorry for the delay.

Sure, it's attached. Hope it works for you.

• utikoutiko Posts: 2Members
    Accepted Answer

@KettyKrueger thank you so much, adopted your profile to use it with RX-V483 and WX-030, works for both my devices!