Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

First half second of every song is cut off on ROKU 4

ToneGrinderToneGrinder Members Posts: 11 ✭✭

When using my ROKU 4 as my PLEX player, every song loses the first beat (about a quarter to half sec) of play regardless of file format. I use mainly mp3 or AAC in 320. Gaps between songs are also about that length. The ROKU 4 is connected to my Marantz preamp via HDMI (Monster Black Platinum).
This is not the case when I use my Marantz AV7702mkii to play the files, although this is not a PLEX app. It is just able to see the PLEX media server and access its content - and it is pretty much gapless and without any content getting cut off.
I do run into an issue with the Marantz preamp when trying to play WAV or FLAC files. I get a file format error, even though the preamp is able to play these file formats. I have not tried using Windows DLNA instead, but will try that.
I like the interface of PLEX on the ROKU better than the Marantz media player, but the fact that it seems to handle song transitions better makes me use it instead.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution (apart from abandoning ROKU as the player device)?

Mathias

Best Answer

Answers

• edkustedkust Members Posts: 1

I have a roku premier since december 2016 and I'm having exactly the same problem when playing flac files. mp3 @320 seems to be ok..

• HRSCRHRSCR Members, Plex Pass Posts: 414 Plex Pass

Same issue here with flac music but I think is around 1 or two seconds, I have Roku Ultra but Seems that Roku is the problem, no Plex because Roku have sync problems in the last versions of the firmware with all apps.

Many people is moving on to Nvidia Shield

• AndrewUKAndrewUK Members, Plex Pass Posts: 43 Plex Pass

Same with Roku 3. I use flac myself.

• ToneGrinderToneGrinder Members Posts: 11 ✭✭

I recently replaced my Roku4 with an AppleTV 4K and Plex plays smooth as butter on it. Pretty much gapless on tracks that overlap, like live tracks. While I don't like the app interface as much on ATV, this alone is worth the change for Plex.