Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Cortana or voice control with plex

I am wanting to control plex with voice control and on the plex support page as seen here- https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/231365928-Controlling-the-Windows-App - it says how cortana can help play movies with voice activation from your plex server using the windows app. I have tried this using the correct syntax but no luck. Has anyone got this working or maybe other solutions using alexa or some kind of voice control or automation?

Answers

• adamskoogadamskoog Posts: 2,338Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Moved to the windows store app section since this is specific to this player.

• specialresident22@gmail.comspecialresident22@gmail.com Posts: 10Members ✭✭

Cortana still doersnt work for plex for me. itll open plex but as soon as I ask for a movie it has always said sorry groove cannot play that, even though cotana heard what I said and got the words correct, it just cant execute the command correctly and never has with plex

• atlraideratlraider Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Has there been any update on this? I have tried everything, but Cortana says "Sorry, I can't play music on Plex." I am using the new 2.1 Plex Media Player.