If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

What's next to get my remote access working?

shnickelsonshnickelson Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited December 2016 in Windows

I have been struggling to get my remote access to work. I went through the port forwarding process and plex is acknowledging that. It says at the top, in red, "Not available outside your network". Then under the the "disable remote access" button, it says "you currently have Remote Access enabled through a manually-specified port.......". Under that, it has the Private IP with a green <- and the public IP with a red X. I have enabled UPnP, which i have read would help. I'm not sure what my next move would be. I don't see any reason Windows Firewall or my Router firewall would be blocking these but I'm not so sure about that. ~~