Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Cast to Sonos

bmcconaloguebmcconalogue Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Since setting up Sonos I now see my Sonos devices when I click the cast button in Plex, but they just respond "unable to connect to if I click. This doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere as an option but to me, one of the benefits of Plex, beyond the media server is the consistent cross-platform app. I'd rather stay in Plex than use the Sonos app. If that's not possible it would be better if the cast buttons didn't show the Sonos devices as that just looks like something is broken with high WAF.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• bmcconaloguebmcconalogue Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks. Given Plex is designed to integrate with Plex seems like a bug then that it shows the players.
    Also shame that this doesn't work, as one of the key advantages of Plex is the unified interface.

• weishengweisheng Posts: 49Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 7

It would be great if this was possible. Spotify's app recently gained the ability to cast directly to Sonos and it seems Sonos is amenable to a "direct control experience" with third party apps. Can anyone on the Plex team clarify if direct casting to Sonos is anywhere in your plans?

Sonos is finally opening its great speakers to Spotify's app