Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

audio out of sync roku ultra

lbonnelllbonnell Posts: 3 Plex Pass

having audio sync on newly purchased roku ultra, seems to progressively get worse. not having this issue with roku 3, xbox one, vizio tv app etc.

Answers

• ljunkieljunkie Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,798 Plex Employee

Is the Roku ultra set to 4k? I've read some reports of this happening in their forums. It would also be good to know if the media is Direct Playing or Transcoding.

• Have the same problem, pretty sure it started after Roku 7.5 update.

• JoPeshi01JoPeshi01 Posts: 1 Plex Pass
    edited December 2016

I was about to post a thread about this. So far my only problem is with DTS (connected to receiver via optical). If I change the audio settings to only output DD, instead of DD/DTS the audio is fine; as soon as it tries to play DTS (non-HD) the audio is about 150+ ms out of sync. Not sure if this is a Roku problem or a Plex problem, since it was doing this before and after the 7.5 update.

• lbonnelllbonnell Posts: 3 Plex Pass

roku is 1080p, my roku 3 doesnt have the issue, in all cases it is direct play.
    ill need to try again after latest plex update but think its an issue with the roku 7.5 as mentioned.

• HRSCRHRSCR Posts: 259 Plex Pass

local streaming
    Use in original, that´s all

• Roku rolled back my Ultra to 7.2 few day ago and I haven't see any audio sync issues since then.

• joules314joules314 Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I too have a roku ultra and recently noticed the audio being out of sync. When a video starts, it seems like a couple of seconds go by before audio starts. When disabling Direct Play, the issue went away.

This issue does not appear on the webapp or android versions as far as I can tell.

• HRSCRHRSCR Posts: 259 Plex Pass

@joules314 said:
    I too have a roku ultra and recently noticed the audio being out of sync. When a video starts, it seems like a couple of seconds go by before audio starts. When disabling Direct Play, the issue went away.

This issue does not appear on the webapp or android versions as far as I can tell.

Yes is an issue.
    Temporal solution:

Hit UP and OK buttoms three times during the playback (or pause and play three or more times), for some reason this fix the problem.

Hope helps

• nizzleplexnizzleplex Posts: 27 ✭✭

brand new roku ultra. brand new denon receiver. sad as hell to see this audio issue.. iron man playback from plex which is 1080p and dts 5.1 from my own bluray rip has this out of sync audio issue. amazingly doing up ok up ok up ok DOES fix it so did this just recently break on a roku update??? this is just so lame to encounter this type of issue, thanks for the up, ok x3 trick

• M3Y3RM3Y3R Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I noticed this issue also. After toying around with DirectPlay (more specifically, disabling it), I no longer had the issue. Hope this helps someone who needs it.

• activemindactivemind Posts: 19 Plex Pass

This also happening with Roku 4 Premiere Plus. If you pass the video and unpause it, then it goes away. But it may come back again...very annoying. this is definitely Roku Plex client issue.

• loungeslounges Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Running into this as well with a recent model Roku Premiere. Would love a fix.

• searingxhereticsearingxheretic Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I came for a solution to this issue also. Playback on my Roku 4 Ultra is way out of sync with the video. I am currently running the audio with a +210ms sync adjustment from my receiver. This is extreme. Even still, the audio is not exactly synced, therefore​ it's really annoying. Any ideas or solutions?

• trineytriney Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Has a solution been found for this? I just got the roku ultra and audio is out of sync.

• irishpadresirishpadres Posts: 4 Plex Pass

Started happening to me out of nowhere. I power cycled the Roku and the issue went away.

• OklahomaGreyBeardOklahomaGreyBeard Posts: 10 Plex Pass

This is an issue with the roku 7.5.1 firmware. They just announced 7.6 coming out over the next few weeks that resolves it along with many flac issues. I'm running a beta version that is the 7.6 release and it all seems fixed. Both on roku3 and ultra.

Now if we could just get gapless playback my Pink Floyd would be perfect....

• hackztor@gmail.comhackztor@gmail.com Posts: 447 Plex Pass

@OklahomaGreyBeard said:
    This is an issue with the roku 7.5.1 firmware. They just announced 7.6 coming out over the next few weeks that resolves it along with many flac issues. I'm running a beta version that is the 7.6 release and it all seems fixed. Both on roku3 and ultra.

Now if we could just get gapless playback my Pink Floyd would be perfect....

See how you told us it is fixed. That is all we want from Roku but nope they are always super tight lipped. Fixes should always be talked about I understand wanting to hide features. Are you only under NDA until it is released?

• binarydadbinarydad Posts: 3 ✭✭

I'm on 7.6 with my Roku 2 (third gen) on 5.1 and audio is still out of sync. For my clients with only stereo, I've forced the Audio settings to only be PCM Stereo and that helped a little. Quite annoyed my 5.1 system is now out of sync.

• interconnectinterconnect Posts: 170 Plex Pass

I'm on 7.6 as well with my new Roku Ultra. I just bought it and it updated to 7.6 when I turned it on. Major audio sync issues with DTS audio. I was able to workaround by setting the audio to Dolby Digital only in the Roku settings (not Plex settings). This forces a DTS audio track to transcode to DD.

• ljunkieljunkie Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,798 Plex Employee

@interconnect said:
    I'm on 7.6 as well with my new Roku Ultra. I just bought it and it updated to 7.6 when I turned it on. Major audio sync issues with DTS audio. I was able to workaround by setting the audio to Dolby Digital only in the Roku settings (not Plex settings). This forces a DTS audio track to transcode to DD.

Can you provide the firmware version your Roku Ultra is running? This was a known issue in the 7.5.x firmware, but it was fixed when they released 7.6, so it's possible another 7.6.x version has a regression.