Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

will you guys be updating your plex app for dolby atmos etc

THEFARKINGPROTHEFARKINGPRO Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Recently the Xbox one and one s is undergoing a preview with the blu ray app to enable dolby atmos and Bitstream lossless audio being decoded by the receiver so I'm just wondering well you guys down at plex are working into enabling it somehow with the plex app because it sucks that it's the blu ray app only

Best Answer

Answers

• jmckeejmckee Posts: 4,839Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

That's not quite how it works. Microsoft currently only has the decoders and pass through options enabled for their bluray app only. Until Microsoft releases those decoders and options to the 3rd party applications the Plex developers will be unable to access them for the Plex app. And once they do get released to 3rd Party Applications , there will most likely need to be a bit of internal testing to verify the new functions work correctly with the app before a full on release.

But using those functionality is definitely something the developers are eager to bring to the platform.

• THEFARKINGPROTHEFARKINGPRO Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2016

Cool thanks for the input i do hope Microsoft releases it to the 3rd party apps it would be majestical to let the amp receiver do the sound how it is ment to be done then the xbox doing the work

• mbarylskimbarylski Posts: 265Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

• jfsikorajfsikora Posts: 22Members ✭✭
    edited December 2016

I reached out to Mike Ybarra from Microsoft on Twitter and he did say "eventually" Atmos will be available to all apps.

• THEFARKINGPROTHEFARKINGPRO Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Oh boy this going to be fun when this gets unlocked

• BOONTOKBOONTOK Posts: 8Members ✭✭

I need/want Dolby Atmos to work on my Xbox One S with Plex. Please.