If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How do I turn off auto play

psyantspsyants Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

How do i Turn off auto play in the web client?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• psyantspsyants Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

there is a way to turn off auto play in the roku client, but not the web client?

• jackratsjackrats Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I agree, there should really be a way to disable auto play. Walk away from a playing video without stopping things and you risk running through all of the unwatched items in your library and losing track of what you've not watched...

• troyhayes50troyhayes50 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Seriously how is this not a thing? I've searched and searched and it seems that the Plex devs outright refuse to add this option. I host a Plex server that serves many people who fall asleep and end up playing several episodes. It's a waste of bandwidth and server resources. I wish I could just turn it off server side and have everyone manually click "play next episode".

• kocknosekocknose Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Please add this asap.

• cow_revenger@hotmail.comcow_revenger@hotmail.com Posts: 1Members

Agreed, They should not expect everyone is addicted to the new "Binge watch" method. I don't understand it is not a preference option.

• Waldo OlivierWaldo Olivier Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 28

Agreed. Please add the option to disable auto play.

• NewPlazaNewPlaza Posts: 939Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 28

@cow_revenger@hotmail.com said:
    Agreed, They should not expect everyone is addicted to the new "Binge watch" method. I don't understand it is not a preference option.

Crazy, right??? We are all mindless zombies in front of a TV. I'm just glad Plex doesn't autoplay while simply looking at a title.. That makes me want to throw my Roku remote.. SHAME on you netflix...........I just do not understand AT ALL why you add features without the ability to disable said feature. Afterall, the option wasn't there to begin with so implementing 'NO,OFF,DISABLE' would be easy.

• vacabocavacaboca Posts: 52Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The option to disable autoplay is on most (maybe all) the other clients I use (iOS, Fire TV, Plex Media Player, Plex Web)... or wait, I thought it was... but checking on PMP and Plex web just now I can't seem to find it. I know that I have successfully turned it off in almost every situation I use Plex EXCEPT on the Roku I just used for the first time well setting things up for my father. He dozes off and the thing just keeps going - it's unacceptable that not only can it not be disabled, it's a default behavior. Grrrrr.

• tanka8tanka8 Posts: 13Members Plex Pass

There use to be a method to avoid autoplay by going to the specific episode and selecting play from there but that has stopped working since the new 3.x web update. However they claim they are going to bring this functionality back: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/264112/not-able-to-disable-avoid-autoplay
    It's just been a while and still haven't seen any progress on bringing this back.

• ptaylor25ptaylor25 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes ... this is annoying .... please add back the functionality to turn off the autoplay

• SE56SE56 Posts: 1,768Members ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26

@ptaylor25 said:
    Yes ... this is annoying .... please add back the functionality to turn off the autoplay

You can of sorts turn off the following shows manually. Click on each Episode and delete the ones not wanting to auto play. Just go to the bottom volume control and to right you will see a symbol of a series, click..

I suppose this control type is far more specific to each episode.

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. : Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• kenifyablekenifyable Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 26

Would be great to be able to set the timer inbetween too. I'm tired of waiting 10+ seconds for the next ep.

PMS: Virtualized on an Intel Core i7-4930K with 13TB of NAS.

• alrogeralroger Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 6

Give us the option... but DONT AUTOPLAY!

Sorry, no snapshot... cause we only have 5 seconds!

• nzmchughnzmchugh Posts: 12Members ✭✭

+1 for the option to turn off please

• Gmax2Gmax2 Posts: 9Members ✭✭

Auto play is a problem I'd be in the middle of eating my meatball hero when the epidode ends, I have 10 seconds to put down my sandwich clean my hands and stop the next episode from playing. I would like to see the programmers try to do that befor the next episode starts to play. most of us want watch one episode of a series then a different show.
    Also I do not like that when a show is unwatched the icon is full when you are part way through the left side of the circle is empty and the right side is full. But as your wathing the movie the progress bar fills up as you watch the movie so when your done it should be full but you have it empty. You guys are programers do you see any logic in that????

@Gmax2 said:
    Auto play is a problem I'd be in the middle of eating my meatball hero when the epidode ends, I have 10 seconds to put down my sandwich clean my hands and stop the next episode from playing. I would like to see the programmers try to do that befor the next episode starts to play. most of us want watch one episode of a series then a different show.
    Also I do not like that when a show is unwatched the icon is full when you are part way through the left side of the circle is empty and the right side is full. But as your wathing the movie the progress bar fills up as you watch the movie so when your done it should be full but you have it empty. You guys are programers do you see any logic in that????

When one uses a bucket of water, pouring out half leaves it half empty or half full. So for a Movie half way through it must be half over or half to go. A progress bar is different, it's like a tracker. Plex shows your progress with time and bar length, the empty part as you put it is unknown or retrogress the viewing.

I believe Plex have it spot on with Watched and Unwatched and Title viewing progress bar.

Now for Auto play on your Browser that is easy, there is a control at bottom screen. For Tv apps this is not available. You could use playlists.

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. : Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• Rudder2Rudder2 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I too would like to be able to disable the Auto-play annoyance from Plex Web. Server side would be nice but I understand that it takes a lot of programming, hence it took so long to get server side bandwidth control. I would just be happy being able to disable it one machine as a time.

• tanka8tanka8 Posts: 13Members Plex Pass

It's been 4 months since the new Plex Web has been released which removed the ability to only play a single episode and then stop. People want to be able to avoid autoplay. This isn't even a new feature. We just want the old behaviour back where auto play could be avoided.

• WhateverWorks1728WhateverWorks1728 Posts: 8Members ✭✭

I must be one of the rare people who want the option to let my shows go on even if I fall asleep. I do not want it stopping even if I do fall asleep.
    Is there a way to just let it go?

@WhateverWorks1728 said:
    I must be one of the rare people who want the option to let my shows go on even if I fall asleep. I do not want it stopping even if I do fall asleep.
    Is there a way to just let it go?

Playlist