Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Synced items all disappear from play list. Still show in sync status as complete.

yuanchuehyuanchueh Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

Two days ago my android nexus 6p local library became empty. I had a lot of items synced from two different plex servers. They still show up on the plex sync status list as complete. Clicking a synced item has no action. The libraries have all disappeared. The space used has moved from 34 Gb to 0. I tried syncing additional content. It now shows up in the space used category, but the files still do not show in the library.

I have the log files, but I cannot attach them to the post. When I click any of the toolbar formatting buttons nothing happens (Chrome or Edge, Win10 x64).

Comments

• TaulkasTaulkas Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 25 Plex Pass

Try restarting Plex. I had all my sync'd library stuff disappear a few days ago, the playlist in progress continued for a bit, but eventually died. Restarting Plex on the phone brought everything back.

• yuanchuehyuanchueh Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

Thanks for the comment.

Unfortunately, it's persisted through several program restarts, several phone reboots and a recent phone upgrade to Android 7.1.1.

• niknonikno Members, Plex Pass Posts: 29 Plex Pass

I have a similar problem, quite often all my sync'd items on my Android phone disappears.

This morning I started a sync of additional Music to my phone, but as I had to leave for office the sync did not finish. During commute I listen to synced music and when I arrive to office I got wifi again and the sync finished.

Now all my sync'd libraries and items have disappeared, I try search but nothing shows up.
    (I have no problem connecting to the server and view and play items from there)

After I "swiped to kill" the Plex on my phone and start Plex again and I can see my sync'd items again.

Then my phone goes to sleep, after I while I wake it up again.
    Pull up the Plex app, takes some time to load.....
    Then "Recently added items" shows up on Plex/Home screen, with some of my recently synced albums.
    Opening the "hamburger menu", none of my libraries are there.
    I try to access an album from the "Recently added items" tiles, the album pages show up but cannot do anything.
    Navigates back to the Plex/Home screen, which now is empty, and no sync'd libraries in the menu.

I am using the latest Plex App for Android. My device is a Xiaomi MI5 Pro with MIUI8 (based on Android 6.0.1).

• yuanchuehyuanchueh Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

Never got much help around these parts. Glad to hear in a way I'm not the only one. My issue is with movies more than music.

I ended up uninstalling the app and then rebuilding all my sync items. Have had to do this twice now.