If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

itunes channel does not cast to chromecast audio or chromecast tv

gsmith262gsmith262 Posts: 3Members

I have installed plex media server on a windows 10 laptop. I use the Chrome browser to access Plex Media Server web app. I have been able to "cast" plex media server music library to my chromecast audio and TV. When I attempt to do the function via the itunes channel, it will not cast to either device. Music will play locally within the itunes channel but as soon as I click on the cast button the musics does not play until I disconnect. I would prefer not to rebuild or import by itunes playlists.

I have searched the forums and have not found a resolution.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Comments

• 361302575361302575 Posts: 5Members ✭✭

It may be caused by the iTunes DRM protection. You can find some third-party software to bypass the DRM technology, like TunesKit DRM Media Converter or Requiem Freeware.

• gsmith262gsmith262 Posts: 3Members

Thanks for the suggestion. i checked the music files format. They are .mp3 format either downloaded or ripped from CDs. I did not find any DRM formatted files. I will keep looking for a resolution.
    thanks

• nicopolousnicopolous Posts: 113Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've got the same problem - tried everything. Quite annoying as I can't get the iTunes playlist import to work, so replying on the iTunes channel to retrieve playlists...

• tanguaymartintanguaymartin Posts: 1Members

Same problem for me. MacOS 10.11.6, iTunes 12.5.5, all music in .mp3 from my original CDs. iTunes .xml library is seen properly by Plex media server and plays nicely on the Mac, but fails to cast to Chromecast.
    I read that the audio stack on MacOS is not accessible by outside devices, hence the reason maybe that Plex cannot cast to Chromecast from MacOS
    Would be nice to know from Plex if that issue can be fixed or not so we can stop searching for solutions.
    Some have used Soundflower (that virtualize the MacOS audio stack) combined with Soundcast to cast to Chromecast. Soundcast is not available anymore.

• thomaspmueller@msn.comthomaspmueller@msn.com Posts: 3Members

I would like to add that I cannot cast from iTunes Channel. However i can cast my itunes songs from Music under Libraries on the main menu. Any insight on how to fix would be greatly appreciated.
    Tom