If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Undefined error -2140536828 on PS4 after update to 1.3.3.3148

Answers

• fevesfeves Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 6

Ive found what looks to be this issue but with only two files of about 30 i've tested, I've attached the xml for both of the files.
    Both films work fine if i enable subtitles and they both work fine in VLC.
    Does this show that the file is fine ?

• eternallampposteternallamppost Posts: 3Members ✭✭

I am having this problem, but only with a season of an anime I uploaded. It's in Japanese with English subtitles, but turning the subtitles on or off doesn't do anything. I'd be happy to provide the .xml files if someone could tell me how I get them.

I found that Plex would let me save the .xml files, and so I attached the xml file for the first episode. All episodes have the same problem.

• Jump CutJump Cut Posts: 3Members

Hello,
    same thing here. Media server on QNAP and Ps4 as a client. Every subtitled movie will not load and give that error. If I load a film without subtitles, it works well, but as soon as I turn on subtitles it stops and give me the same error.
    Pretty unusable, now.

• timdenieuwetimdenieuwe Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Yes same here, I hope this can be resolved quickly

• mattseeleymattseeley HawaiiPosts: 1,371Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Are you folks having issues playing files with subtitles on the the latest 1.4.3.x release of Plex Media Server?

(Please no private messages for support unless requested, please)

@mattseeley said:
    Are you folks having issues playing files with subtitles on the the latest 1.4.3.x release of Plex Media Server?

Yes, I've made a fresh install (first time user) on a Qnap TS 869 Pro, os 4.3.3 64bit, latest version of Plex media server.

@mattseeley said:

Yes, it wlll start playing but as soon as I setup my subtitle the error appears. (Synology DS214play

• yankyswapyankyswap Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass

I had this problem and it turned out I didn't have enough disc space on my computer to convert the file or whatever it does. After I cleared up some space the movie worked fine, just fine.

@mattseeley said:

Yep! Fully updated on PS4 and PC. The affected files will not play whether subtitles are on or off.

Did somebody already solve this issue? I have still the same problem, can`t figure out whats wrong.

@timdenieuwe said:
    Did somebody already solve this issue? I have still the same problem, can`t figure out whats wrong.

I still not resolved the issue, unfortunately. I tried to reinstall the server but nothing changes. I'm figuring out if this happens to every PS4 plex user or if it depends on where the server is installed.

• AlexanderPlexServerAlexanderPlexServer Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Still having the issue with the latest release. I'm starting to wonder if this will ever be fixed.

• Draxxus036Draxxus036 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having issues with everything. I was using Plex this afternoon with no problem. Updated and now nothing on my PS4 will play. All with the same error message. What can I do to get this working again?

• Retr0_1Retr0_1 Posts: 1Members

@timdenieuwe said:

@mattseeley said:

Yes, it wlll start playing but as soon as I setup my subtitle the error appears. (Synology DS214play

I'm also working with a synology device and it seems that I only get this error when I try to activate subtitles. If I just leave it to play without subs everything works fine. I can fast forward, go back etc. But as soon as I try to add local subs the error appears. Only happens with the Synology though. When I watch videos from my PC (On the same network) everything works fine. Only difference between the files on the Synology and my pc is that the subs on the Synology are .srt files while the subs on my pc are local ASS subs.

• AlexanderPlexServerAlexanderPlexServer Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Latest update also has this problem. Is anyone from Plex aware of this?

• bizanatorbizanator Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here, main server does it for all files regardless of subtitles. Laptop and Desktop running as plex servers have not had issues, desktop has had plex running for years without issue. All other devices play fine, just the PS4...

• mepenetemepenete Posts: 3Members ✭✭

I've been searching for a solution to this error (2140536828) but still haven't found anything. I'm having issues with files that don't have subtitles and have tried toggling all the subtitle settings to no avail.

It works just fine from the OSX app, but can't get it work from PS4. Running Version 1.5.3.3580 and fully updated Ps4 app.

Any progress on this??

• Red Devil LawRed Devil Law Posts: 12Members ✭✭

To add my 2 cents, from what I can tell my PS4 local works. Outside of that not a single PS4 works, any other device will work. XBOX, smart tv, Roku, web app(even my bro 3 states away on his TiVo).

I use handbrake to encode them into a web friendly MP4 format, best success I have had is optimized for mobile(at least it started playing without buffering, didn't watch the whole movie).

Just now seeing this post for the subtitles thing, I will give that a try -- but I don't see that being an issue, any subs are burnt into the file during the encode.

win10; current plex version; i5, 8gig ram; excellent internet connection.

Red

• mepenetemepenete Posts: 3Members ✭✭

So I ended up reinstalling my plex installation on an ubuntu 16.10 server (vs. 12.04 desktop) and magically all the issues are gone. Not really sure what it changed, but things are fixed on my end :\