If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex App battery drain

Hello.
I have a windows-based tablet PC that I use as a media player. As I'm really used to Plex and love it, I decided to give a windows app a shot.
Well, after I installed the app, watched a show, closed the app and put the tablet to sleep - the bettery went down by about 30% over 1 single night (normally it's about 4-6%).
Running powercfg /sleepstudy reported that the the app that was causing sleep issues is plex:
99% Active time
Activators -> PLM -> CAF9E577.Plex_....
AudioTaskCompletion 32972550 ms
TaskEntryPoint: Plex.Tasks.AudioPlaybackBackgroundTaskRunner

Answers

• ANTONBORODAANTONBORODA Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I want to stress it out, that the app was closed (it wasn't showing in the task bar).
    Obviously, I tried installing/reinstalling the app, still no luck. After the app is run at least once, the task is running and draining battery like crazy.
    Can someone help me with this? I will provide any info required.

• pombeirppombeirp Windows Team Lead SwitzerlandPosts: 1,885Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Hi @ANTONBORODA. Would you be interested in testing a private build on the Windows Store to confirm if this issue has been fixed? If so, I'd need you to DM me your Windows Store account email address in order to include you in the distribution list.

QNAP TS-253 Pro (x86)

• CortottoCortotto Posts: 36Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@ANTONBORODA, Plex may not have been visible in the task bar, but did you check the system tray (arrow icon pointing up on the task bar's far right)?

Will now commence long, arduous search for EVERY single obscure thread mentioning this in the hope that Plex devs are monitoring ONE of them for votes.

REMINDER: Upvotes allegedly ONLY COUNT in the OP, so if you like any post, like the first one.