Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

(ONLY FOR SERIOUS TESTERS) Bleeding Edge Testing Releases

Comments

• pgalbavypgalbavy Posts: 60Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

OK, so the 0.1.0 is now released as 0.1.1 in the main repo. I guess it's watch for the next test release then :)

• mwarcurimwarcuri Posts: 60Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

LiveTV in this app soon?

MSI - Gamer 5 MB
    i5-4460 CPU
    16 gb of PNY 1866 DDR3 Memory
    128 gig PNY SSD drive for the OS (Linux Mint 18.3)
    480 gig SanDisk Ultra II SSD program disk
    1 tb Seagate Barracuda 5400 HDD
    LG Blu-Ray RW 16x Drive
    Hauppauge WinTV quad x 2 (8 Tuners!)
    WD My Cloud 2tb NAS with an 8tb WD Red drive in separate enclosure (USB 3.0) for 10 tb Storage

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,331Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

v18 compatibly is in testing! And some other changes. For the XBOX ONE users: the current Kodi store version has a locale bug which prevents (most) addons from functioning, Plex included. If you're impatient, you can be added to the google sheet for pre-release test versions:
    https://goo.gl/forms/GEk7gCQCsT5innsB3

This build is only v17+, so v16 won't see an update.

We are still (slowly, unfortunately) working on this. It's a spare time hobby project right now, but it is still coming along.

• Essam01Essam01 Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

In version 0.14a1, I cannot find an option to allow direct play of hevc; is there any setting for that?

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,331Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

There's a option under setting to support HEVC, that will enable direct play. Kodi addon direct plays everything by default, so if Kodi can't find the hardware decoder, it will try to software decode the HEVC.

• Essam01Essam01 Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@keithah said:
    There's a option under setting to support HEVC, that will enable direct play. Kodi addon direct plays everything by default, so if Kodi can't find the hardware decoder, it will try to software decode the HEVC.

Thanks; I found it under the Settings of the running add-on (under the user name); I was looking for it in the settings of the add-on on Kodi :)

• GreggotGreggot Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello,

I'm sorry but I can't find a link to download version 0.1.4. Can you provide me a direct link? Thank you.

I'm using Kodi v18 because on all the v17, I have a server error. V18 is working fine for me except Plex for Kodi 0.1.3 won't launch.

• _Francesco__Francesco_ Posts: 224Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Greggot said:
    Hello,

I'm sorry but I can't find a link to download version 0.1.4. Can you provide me a direct link? Thank you.

I'm using Kodi v18 because on all the v17, I have a server error. V18 is working fine for me except Plex for Kodi 0.1.3 won't launch.

You have to use the repo for the test builds. You'll find the zip to install it on the second post of this thread

• FrankymouseFrankymouse Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The new test build fixed my Xbox One loading problem!!!!

Thank you for the continued support

• CrispyXUKCrispyXUK Posts: 121Validating ✭✭

Just tried the beta to see if I can get around the buffering issues I have with this.

Running LibreElec 8.2.2 on a raspberry Pi 3 over ethernet - I get Source too slow quite often using this but never have any issues using PlexKodiConnect.

Anyone else had this issue?

• mwarcurimwarcuri Posts: 60Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Seriously... Will we be seeing Live TV supported in this app?

MSI - Gamer 5 MB
    i5-4460 CPU
    16 gb of PNY 1866 DDR3 Memory
    128 gig PNY SSD drive for the OS (Linux Mint 18.3)
    480 gig SanDisk Ultra II SSD program disk
    1 tb Seagate Barracuda 5400 HDD
    LG Blu-Ray RW 16x Drive
    Hauppauge WinTV quad x 2 (8 Tuners!)
    WD My Cloud 2tb NAS with an 8tb WD Red drive in separate enclosure (USB 3.0) for 10 tb Storage

• ShaGeShaGe Posts: 97Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@CrispyXUK said:
    Just tried the beta to see if I can get around the buffering issues I have with this.

Running LibreElec 8.2.2 on a raspberry Pi 3 over ethernet - I get Source too slow quite often using this but never have any issues using PlexKodiConnect.

Anyone else had this issue?

I'm not having the exact same issue, but a similar issue plus a little something extra. I'm running LibreElec on a s912 Amlogic device (Minix Neo U9). With Plex for Kodi I get the error you're seeing. I also get jumpy playback when I play back a high bitrate HD or UHD blu-ray rip from my computer (streaming from a 4 drive RAID over gigabit). If I play it directly in Kodi I don't see the jumpy playback or get the error that you're seeing, only when playing back in Plex for Kodi. One little observation: if I bring up the info screen to pause, change audio tracks, etc. I see the jumpy playback.

• Jeremy-MarcelJeremy-Marcel Posts: 1Members

Good evening,
    I am a new Plex user. Since the arrival of Kodi on Xbox one, I would like to run the Plex addon on kodi. But version 0.1.3 remains stuck on the loading page. So I downloaded ZIP version 0.1.4 but I can not install it, the folder Kodi Repotery is empty. I can not install it. That's why any help would be welcome.
    Thank you !!! :smile:

PS :Frankymouse if you can help me it would be nice :wink:

• KnobiWanPenobiKnobiWanPenobi Posts: 7Members ✭✭
    edited February 9

Hi folks,
    i'm using Kodi on XBox One too and Plex stucks on the loading screen. As Jeremy-Marcel I also don't know how to get the latest (Test-) version of Plex add on installed.
    Edit:
    Got it! Works like a charme!
    For everyone who´s interested in.
    In the Kodi App you have to allow unknown sources in the settings - system - add-ons section
    then:
    1. download the zip File from the second post of this thread
    2. copy it to a location where you can get to via your kodi app on the xbox (mostly your library directory on your nas, hd or whatever)
    3. install it from zip file in the add-ons/ add-ons browser section

Thanks for the good work. I really appreciate it.

• thomy22thomy22 Posts: 283Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

When can you expect publication?

I have 5 users looking over this add-on on my server and I can't update since 9.6.1 because of an error message. It'd be really great if this would work out.

My Server:

3500 Movies (HD)
    250 Movies (3D)
    280 Movies (SD)
    629 Series Complete (HD)
    371 Series Returned (HD)
    349 Series Complete (SD)
    52 Comedien-Programs (SD+HD)
    26 Live Concerts (HD)
    16 Dokus (HD)
    22'000 Songs
    Over 180 TB Data :-)

• plextthplextth Posts: 2Members

Can you please add support for Search on all Servers?

• nekoninjanekoninja Posts: 24Members ✭✭
    edited February 22

I am currently on 0.14a and I am getting playback failed on a number of files. Has there been a fix or a workaround figured out for this issue?

• ruukruuk Posts: 44Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

scipt.plex-0.1.4a2:

• Updated German language strings (thanks to coffinbearer)
    • Fix French translations file (thanks to coffinbearer)
    • Fix some Hungarian translations (thanks to vampywiz17)
    • Add Russion translations (thanks to shady2k)
    • Fix autostart to work with profiles (thanks to pannal)
    • Fix focus loss on home screen due to error (Issue #169)
    • Fix "No Servers Found" when preferred server is unavailable (Issue #159)
    • Fix system keyboard not working for search (Kodi 17+)(Issue #165)
    • Fix issue causing hubs to scroll up when settings were opened
    • Fix failure to sign in when signed off externally (Issue #110 & #117)

Instructions for adding the testing repo in this post.

• HitsVilleHitsVille Posts: 918Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@ruuk said:
    scipt.plex-0.1.4a2:

• Updated German language strings (thanks to coffinbearer)
    • Fix French translations file (thanks to coffinbearer)
    • Fix some Hungarian translations (thanks to vampywiz17)
    • Add Russion translations (thanks to shady2k)
    • Fix autostart to work with profiles (thanks to pannal)
    • Fix focus loss on home screen due to error (Issue #169)
    • Fix "No Servers Found" when preferred server is unavailable (Issue #159)
    • Fix system keyboard not working for search (Kodi 17+)(Issue #165)
    • Fix issue causing hubs to scroll up when settings were opened
    • Fix failure to sign in when signed off externally (Issue #110 & #117)

Instructions for adding the testing repo in this post.

Is there any fix for the playback failed in thisr elease that @keithah mentioned in January was a confirmed bug but needed working on?
    This thread.
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/298096/plex-kodi-playback-failed-error/p2

HitsVille

ON EMBY!__ >:)

• GoceboGocebo Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello forum,

Being french please excuse my english (google is my friend lol).
    I wanted to congratulate you on your work on PlexForKodi. I tested the version 0.14a2, for now at home I'm no problem, on the contrary, I'm telling that it was passed in French.
    I wanted to know, if before releasing this new version, do you work on displaying collections for movies?