Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

(ONLY FOR SERIOUS TESTERS) Bleeding Edge Testing Releases

Comments

• dimitrijpdimitrijp Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Im testing .100a8 and have a problem when playing music after few minutes skin reverts to kodi estuary player (blue colour), the playback is not cut just skin is reverted, when pressing back on the remote I'm again in plex addon skin. Using Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi 17 RC3. I can provide log files if needed.

• HitsVilleHitsVille Posts: 918Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 2017

@claes said:
    Tested .100a8, upgrading from 0.99 and couldn't login. Tried disabling "launch on startup" and auto-login but still no luck.

Win 10, Kodi DSPlayer 17 RC3

@keithah said:
    Especially folks who had connecting issues. Thanks!

Well I have never had connection issues but I certainly do from the moment I installed .1008
    Initially clicking my username only showed settings and "something about offline mode". No users were shown at all After rolling back to .1007 and the latest repo version to no effect I fully uninstalled both the add-on and Kodi. So now with all the mentioned versions I cannot authenticate with Plex.tv at all. I go to a different device (well several different devices) enter the pin and the kodi app tells me I cannot do as I need to be a Plex Pass user. (And yes all the devices I tried to authenticate with are definitely logged in as me)

One hour of the device playing fine on .1007 and now 4 hours of reboots, add remove programs, reinstall programs, try to authenticate etc...its just been an endless cycle.. all from the minute I installed .1008 and seemingly rolling back to .1007 or .099 makes no difference at all.

Meanwhile on the same machine I use for Plex for Kodi PMP connects without issue.

BTW...This is also on W10 after I decided yesterday to switch from embedded so I can keep tabs on PMP progress on the same machine.

I will have a look later at now to do a deep removal of KODI, as I dare say rolling back to a previously working version suggests that something is being left behind when removing Kodi.

EDIT... After a full windows reinstall and loading Kodi with .1007 everything is working great. The minute I update to .1008 it goes straight to offline mode again... No access to remote servers, and after logging Plex for Kodi out, it will refuse to authenticate at plex.tv/link

EDIT 2...Back to LibreElec embedded and no issues whatsoever with 0.1008 :)

HitsVille

ON EMBY!__ >:)

@dimitrijp said:
    Im testing .100a8 and have a problem when playing music after few minutes skin reverts to kodi estuary player (blue colour), the playback is not cut just skin is reverted, when pressing back on the remote I'm again in plex addon skin. Using Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi 17 RC3. I can provide log files if needed.

figured this out..if default Kodi screensaver is enabled (set to Dim) this happens when screensaver kicks in. Disabling the screensaver fixes the issue.

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,331Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Yup, we screwed up the last build, esp for Windows, so this should be fixed. @dimitrijp can you test and see if it works for you? @HitsVille too and everyone else. Thanks!

• mini.PLEXmini.PLEX Posts: 302Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

100a12 seems fine to me, though I have limited my library to just movies and tv (no longer using plex for music etc)

 Mac mini | mac OSX High Sierra V10.13.3 | 2.6GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 | 16GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
    Server: PMS 1.11.1
    Clients: PMP 2.4.0 | iOS iPhone 6s | apple TV4
    Clients: Kodi 18 | Plex for Kodi addon v0.1.1 | PlexKodiConnect v1.8.11
    Storage: 4x WD 4TB USB 3.0 Hard Drives
    Receiver: Panasonic Viera TX-50DX700B | Pioneer AV SX-SW55

@keithah, it looks ok now. Tnx.

Thanks guys! .100a12 is pushed to repo!

• foghatfoghat Posts: 340Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is there anywhere we can see what has been included in this version?

• HitsVilleHitsVille Posts: 918Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@foghat said:
    Is there anywhere we can see what has been included in this version?

https://github.com/plexinc/plex-for-kodi/releases

HitsVille

ON EMBY!__ >:)

Thanks a lot!

• psykixpsykix Posts: 307Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 2017

I've switched to a new Nvidia Shield, and this plugin now works great (still has the low res login icons though :-p )

All my other issues with slowness and so on are all gone!

Any way to add Plex to the side menu bar so that when the wife clicks that option it fires straight into Plex?

You can make it so plex launches automatically when you start kodi. This is in the plex for kodi settings.

• psykixpsykix Posts: 307Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@foghat said:
    You can make it so plex launches automatically when you start kodi. This is in the plex for kodi settings.

Initially I didn't want to do that, but having had a think about it, it may be the better option.

Playback through Kodi seems nicer than the Plex Android app especially in terms of lip sync issues and frame rate switching.

• Random_JerkRandom_Jerk Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 2017

Hi All,

I'm using the Plex addon .100a8 on Kodi 17 RC3 on Linux Mint 18.1 using default Estuary skin. Below are the issues I see:

1) When I select the plugin and it loads the content, none of the thumbnail images show up.
    2) I can't get to play any of my content. Even when I hit the play button, it just stays at the Plex plugin background screen.
    3) The CPU usage seems to be shooting up when using this addon.

All of these can be seen in the attached screenshots

The logs are here. Can you please help?

@Random_Jerk very strange. Do you experience the same issues with the repo version, .100?

I looked through your log, but didn't find any weird issues...

• reddwarfcrewreddwarfcrew Posts: 648Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

When my repo updated to .100 it was very unstable. Things wouldn't play, posters not appearing, menus not doing anything. I uninstalled plex, rebooted the AFTV and reinstalled from the repo and now seems fine.

• HufvudetHufvudet Posts: 78Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 2017

Deleted, just saw the latest beta now.

• Buttzy10169Buttzy10169 Posts: 74Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just tried the latest alpha 101a1 on mine and am getting this error:

11:00:08.269 T:140494537709312   ERROR: Exception in thread PIN-LOGIN:Token-Poll:
                                                Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
                                                    self.run()
                                                  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 754, in run
                                                    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
                                                  File "/home/ownerx35/.kodi/addons/script.plex/lib/_included_packages/plexnet/myplex.py", line 44, in _poll
                                                    response = http.GET(self.POLL.format(self.id))
                                                  File "/home/ownerx35/.kodi/addons/script.plex/lib/_included_packages/plexnet/http.py", line 27, in GET
                                                    return requests.get(*args, headers=util.BASE_HEADERS.copy(), timeout=util.TIMEOUT, **kwargs)
                                                  File "/home/ownerx35/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/api.py", line 70, in get
                                                    return request('get', url, params=params, **kwargs)
                                                  File "/home/ownerx35/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/api.py", line 56, in request
                                                    return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
                                                  File "/home/ownerx35/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 488, in request
                                                    resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
                                                  File "/home/ownerx35/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 609, in send
                                                    r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
                                                  File "/home/ownerx35/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/adapters.py", line 497, in send
                                                    raise SSLError(e, request=request)
                                                SSLError: ('bad handshake: SysCallError(0, None)',)

The same error that I reported in this forum thread:
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/254859/errors-on-fresh-install-with-kodi-17-rc3-plex-for-kodi-version-100#latest

As stated in this thread plex for kodi is working fine on multiple other devices its just my main i7 system with Linux Mint 18.1 that is having this issue. All other libreelec devices are working fine. Also just noticed that after getting this error if I try to run the plex for kodi addon again kodi crash's and exits completly with this error being the final entry in the crashlog.

Updated the testing release with .102a2, which fixes the post-play screen repeating the same episode.

@Buttzy10169 how did you install Kodi on that platform? Did you use Kodi's PPA or some other? Curious how it was compiled, since you're clearly having serious system libraries issues.

• Buttzy10169Buttzy10169 Posts: 74Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@keithah
    I installed it the same way I always have direct from the kodi ppa. It is very odd as it was working fine on mint 18 installed in the very same way basically:

Add ppa
    apt-get update
    apt-get install kodi

If I get a chance I might try a reinstall of mint 18.1 later and see if it works. Updating those python3 packages (pyopenssl, crytography) shouldnt of caused it since kodi use's it's own internal python build I believe right?