Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

(ONLY FOR SERIOUS TESTERS) Bleeding Edge Testing Releases

Comments

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,331Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited January 2017

On Linux Kodi uses the system python, so thats exactly what happened.

Unfortunately, since this is likely a generic issue with many Kodi add ons, I suggest going into the Linux section of the Kodi forum to get support, I'm not a Linux desktop user, the main dev is, and isn't experiencing these issues. :\ (he's on Ubuntu)

• Eldon McGuinnessEldon McGuinness Posts: 143Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any chance these betas could be put in a repo so people can just add that repo to KODI and auto update to the latest beta? I don't mind bleeding-edge or the reporting that goes with it, I just wish I did not have to check the site and fire up adb each time I wanted to update.

• MediaHorderMediaHorder Posts: 3,286Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@eldon.mcguinness said:
    Any chance these betas could be put in a repo so people can just add that repo to KODI and auto update to the latest beta? I don't mind bleeding-edge or the reporting that goes with it, I just wish I did not have to check the site and fire up adb each time I wanted to update.

The plan is to eventually have a beta repo AFAIK.

Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub

• brimurbrimur Posts: 60Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 2017

Currently using revision 100a12. All the versions have the same issue for me in the episode view. I am using cloud storage and going to the episode view causes a download of all the episodes shown underneath. Ideally this should only be a thumbnail download from the meta data folder but for some reason the Plex addon does a full read on the other episodes. So when I enter the episode view and click play on the episode it tries to pull the episode from the cloud storage but all the other episodes are being pulled, one after the other, so it times out. See below...

Btw is there a PlexForKodi.xml profile I need to download for my plex server or what profile does it use? I am runnning LibreElec on an Amlogic s805 and while it supports h.265 main it does not support main 10 but Plex still tries to direct play main 10 and the file either fails to play or plays in slow motion and buffers. I would like to know if there is a place I can edit to force it to transode when h265 10bit and only direct play 8bit. Thanks

@brimur we still need logs to look into the issue:
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/246913/getting-kodi-logs#latest

Does any other client have this problem? I suspect every client needs to touch the media files to figure out info from them.

And no, because Kodi is reporting you can handle 10bit, there's nothing we can do about that currently.

@keithah Thanks I'll get those logs if I can. The issue only occurs on Plex for Kodi because none of the others that I have used, which are the Android client, Plex from the Windows App store, Plex Home Theatre for Windows, Plex for Sony Tv and Plex for Samsung, have the same view when selecting an episode, which in Plex for Kodi is the selected ep with other eps underneath. In the others when you select an ep it just shows the info for that one ep, so only that one is pulled from cloud storage. Also, in the others you see thumbnails for all the episodes in the Season view but even in that view all the files are not pulled from storage, only the thumbnail is shown. That is the way it should be in the Plex for Kodi episode view also I think. Just my 2c

• HufvudetHufvudet Posts: 78Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

new beta soon?

Yes, soon. :)

• funsurferfunsurfer Posts: 34Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

has anyone test the addon for the actual Kodi (18) Build?
    http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298461
    (i know 18 is nightly :) )

brgds

@funsurfer said:

brgds

lololol let libreelec get to final first. :)

Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub

• funsurferfunsurfer Posts: 34Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@danjames92 said:

@funsurfer said:

brgds

Ähm... yes openelec or rasplex is better :-& #-o
    it worked up to #0114, 14-Jan-2017, tested some later builds, not working. and maybe another one has it working with the latest builds

@funsurfer said:

@danjames92 said:

@funsurfer said:

brgds

Ähm... yes openelec or rasplex is better :-& #-o
    it worked up to #0114, 14-Jan-2017, tested some later builds, not working. and maybe another one has it working with the latest builds

I meant final Kodi 17, you're talking about alpha 18, don't bother, it'll be months before its useable.

How soon is soon :)

@Hufvudet said:
    How soon is soon :)

I would like to know too. It's been a bit quiet in here recently. Now with LibreELEC going final is the perfect test bed. :)

Please don't tell us this was a short term collab between Plex and kodi :(

This app is what I've been waiting for the last 3 years!

• jorgen.bergstromjorgen.bergstrom Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 2017

latest commit 27 days ago on github.

• PukinatorPukinator Posts: 177Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Guys just have patience, if I'm not mistaken they work in a private repository and make it public once it's kinda ready.
    Also just take a look at PMP, where it's (or hopefully was) way worse.

edited March 2017

@jorgen.bergstrom said:
    hmm, latest commit 27 days ago on github.

Private dev branches are a thing, relax. Also they were away on a Linux conference this week afaik.