Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

(ONLY FOR SERIOUS TESTERS) Bleeding Edge Testing Releases

Comments

• stedanielsstedaniels Posts: 72Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

We're bearing with you :-)

• MediaHorderMediaHorder Posts: 3,286Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@stedaniels said:
    We're bearing with you :-)

The best possible typo! Plex for Kodi v11.0.1 Coming Soon™!

Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub

• HufvudetHufvudet Posts: 78Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm getting worried here. Almost no activity from the dev in this forum :(

@Hufvudet said:
    I'm getting worried here. Almost no activity from the dev in this forum :(

There's been a boat load of activity since the initial release. Just not much in the last few weeks.

Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub

• cbjergcbjerg Posts: 241Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It is as dead as every other Plex Client, bar the Roku and Apple TV 4, which seems to still have a developer attached

(pessimistic answer, I know, but I am really tired of not having a fully developed Plex app, since PHT a few years ago)

PMS on Ubuntu Server(primary)
    PMS on Dell Optiplex 3 GHz Xenon 16 128 GB SSD running Windows Server 2012 (backup/share)
    PMP and Kodi on Pi's as clients. Also using Xbox One, Android TV, AppleTV4, and iOS apps

@cbjerg said:
    It is as dead as every other Plex Client, bar the Roku and Apple TV 4, which seems to still have a developer attached

(pessimistic answer, I know, but I am really tired of not having a fully developed Plex app, since PHT a few years ago)

I'm sorry what? If it was dead we would know about it. @keithah please silence this attitude with a new test release. ;)

• foghatfoghat Posts: 340Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@danjames92 said:

I'm sorry what? If it was dead we would know about it. @keithah please silence this attitude with a new test release. ;)

Dead or not, given how active Keith was initially, you have to admit it is a little disconcerting that he has not been very active since Feb. 27. With his last activity being 2 posts on March 6th. And prior to that a handful of posts on March 2nd.

This sudden radio silence seems strange since I was under the impression he/kodi was being paid by Plex to develop this add-on. I do hope he pops in and gives an update.

@foghat said:

@danjames92 said:

Dead or not, given how active Keith was initially, you have to admit it is a little disconcerting that he has not been very active since Feb. 27. With his last activity being 2 posts on March 6th. And prior to that a handful of posts on March 2nd.

This sudden radio silence seems strange since I was under the impression he/kodi was being paid by Plex to develop this add-on. I do hope he pops in and gives an update.

Exactly.

edited March 2017

@foghat said:

@danjames92 said:

It is diconcerning but let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if Plex decided it was "good" enough and dropped the development for it and never told us. I mean they can't even find the constant scanner crashes in PMS at the moment.

• reddwarfcrewreddwarfcrew Posts: 648Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@danjames92 said:
    It is diconcerning but let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if Plex decided it was "good" enough and dropped the development for it and never told us. I mean they can't even find the constant scanner crashes in PMS at the moment.

It is standard plex practice, only difference here is that we have had an excellent team fronted by @keithah . Plex love to start a project and then move on, but at least this one is in a pretty good state if dev has now been pulled. It's miles better than PMP and even openPHT even with it's missing features.

Hope the funding hasn't been pulled but it is beginning to look that way :(.

• mini.PLEXmini.PLEX Posts: 302Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 2017

I'm thinking the radio silence is because there is something coming that they shall likely unveil soon... Likely a new interface for PMP inline with what has been developed for Kodi and likely with changes to account for our user feedback. I'm also inclined to think they are working on integrating plex direct into Kodi rather than a plugin! This would be great!

I live in hope! Plex have always liked to surprise us... it's just that recently the surprises have not interested me, I don't use cloud storage and don't have a Amazon talkie thing.

I'm a HTPC user and I want a quality UI that works great. I don't care that it is not aligned with a roku or a PlayStation experience.

Keep the faith !

 Mac mini | mac OSX High Sierra V10.13.3 | 2.6GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 | 16GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
    Server: PMS 1.11.1
    Clients: PMP 2.4.0 | iOS iPhone 6s | apple TV4
    Clients: Kodi 18 | Plex for Kodi addon v0.1.1 | PlexKodiConnect v1.8.11
    Storage: 4x WD 4TB USB 3.0 Hard Drives
    Receiver: Panasonic Viera TX-50DX700B | Pioneer AV SX-SW55

• stefanvanruitenstefanvanruiten Posts: 315Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt but am also starting to worry. Plex is really good in starting something new and then abandoning it completely.

I read that usage numbers were not as high as they hoped, so i hope plex didn't just pull the plug after the initial release. Plex for kodi is easily the best official plex client at this moment and light years ahead of the trainwreck pmp turned out to be and the deafening silence afterwards.

Communicating with paying plex customers is not one of plex ' biggest strengths unfortunately.

• mini.PLEXmini.PLEX Posts: 302Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@stefanvanruiten said:
    I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt but am also starting to worry. Plex is really good in starting something new and then abandoning it completely.

I read that usage numbers were not as high as they hoped, so i hope plex didn't just pull the plug after the initial release. Plex for kodi is easily the best official plex client at this moment and light years ahead of the trainwreck pmp turned out to be and the deafening silence afterwards.

Communicating with paying plex customers is not one of plex ' biggest strengths unfortunately.

when I first started with Plex, I liked the idea that my PlexPass was helping with development and this was the primary reason I purchased the life time pass (back when it was cheap). I have never thought of myself as a paying customer.

*please note there is no argument I am making here. Just trying to emphasise that a lot of people purchased PlexPass back then because they loved the direction Plex was going and wanted to support the devs... things seemed more open source back then though. different world now

 Mac mini | mac OSX High Sierra V10.13.3 | 2.6GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 | 16GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
    Server: PMS 1.11.1
    Clients: PMP 2.4.0 | iOS iPhone 6s | apple TV4
    Clients: Kodi 18 | Plex for Kodi addon v0.1.1 | PlexKodiConnect v1.8.11
    Storage: 4x WD 4TB USB 3.0 Hard Drives
    Receiver: Panasonic Viera TX-50DX700B | Pioneer AV SX-SW55

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,331Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Hey guys, I'm still around. Some real job priorities have came up, unfortunately, but we still want to get stuff done on this front, and I haven't even gotten a chance to sync up with ruuk lately.

I will touch base with him and see where we're at and when we can schedule time to get stuff out.

@keithah said:
    Hey guys, I'm still around. Some real job priorities have came up, unfortunately, but we still want to get stuff done on this front, and I haven't even gotten a chance to sync up with ruuk lately.

I will touch base with him and see where we're at and when we can schedule time to get stuff out.

So just to clarify, the development is continuing? Do we know how much longer for? Until feature complete or beyond?

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,331Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Yes, no, maybe. :)

Could you elaborate a little please?

edited March 2017

@keithah said:
    Yes, no, maybe. :)

So you can't tell us if a project is continuing or is abandoned due to some kind of contract? Seems a little screwed up.

Which question were you answering?

EDIT: I'm told that was 3 separate answers, sorry. :)

• reddwarfcrewreddwarfcrew Posts: 648Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

He's just teasing us, i see that as a positive response and now hope to see a great beta release soon.

He answered each question.

So just to clarify, the development is continuing? YES
    Do we know how much longer for? NO
    Until feature complete or beyond? MAYBE

@reddwarfcrew said:
    He's just teasing us, i see that as a positive response and now hope to see a great beta release soon.

He answered each question.

So just to clarify, the development is continuing? YES
    Do we know how much longer for? NO
    Until feature complete or beyond? MAYBE

Oh ok that makes more sense. :)