Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Media Server - iTunes Channel - Chromcast Audio stops playing playlist or song

gsmith262gsmith262 Members Posts: 3
edited December 2016 in Google Chromecast

Re-post of a question ...

Environment: Plex Media Server on Windows 10 (lastest Plex Media Server software), Chrome browser, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast TV, Google Home (latest firmware on the casting devices).

I am using the Chrome browser to access Plex Media Server web app. The Plex Media Server has discovered all my music and imported them into the Plex local music library. It has also discovered the "same" music from my iTunes including all of the playlists into the Plex iTunes channel.

I have been able to "cast" plex local server music library to my chromecast audio and TV. When I attempt to do the function via the itunes channel, it will not cast to either device. Music will play locally within the itunes channel but as soon as I click on the Plex Media web cast button the music does not play until I disconnect. When I disconnect, it starts playing again.

After a little digging and observation, I have noticed that the song/playlist completely stops playing when I start to cast. Same result if I try to cast the Chrome browser tab from the browser. The song length counter disappears completely. When I look at Google Home app on my iphone, it shows that the plex web app has connected to the Chromecast Audio, Chromecast TV, or Google Home casting device. All of the music is .mp3 format and not DRM protected.

I have searched the forums and have not found a resolution. Very frustrating ...
Thoughts? Suggestions? What should I try next?

Answers

• cexclamadorcexclamador Members Posts: 1

I am having the exact same issue. It used to work before and it was very convenient because the itunes channel maintains my playlist sturcture and I can cast it to my chromecast audio.

Have we found any solution to this issue yet?

• thomaspmueller@msn.comthomaspmueller@msn.com Members Posts: 3

I have the same problem. Help!