We will be performing plex.tv database server maintenance starting 22:00 Pacific Time on Wednesday, June 28 (05:00 GMT, June 29). It is expected to last ~1.5 hours. See http://status.plex.tv/incidents/c1t6djj5vq9r
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Unable to playback synced videos

broehrigbroehrig Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8 (5th gen)
Fire OS: 5.3.2.1
App Ver: 5.3.2.632

When trying to play back local synced videos, I receive an error "Media Unavailable - The file associated with this item is not accessible by the server. Please verify that the file exists and the necessary drive is accessible."

What I have done:

• Re-seated the SD Card
  • Deleted and re-synced the files from server

One thing I have noticed in the sync settings, it reverts back to internal storage, but only after the device reboots. I suspect this may be the root cause of my error above. I have app logs if that will help.

Comments

• broehrigbroehrig Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass
    edited February 24

I moved the app to the SD card which seemed to fix the issue, as the app wont load before the SD card is ready on the device since the app is on the SD card. However a new problem as arisen, where sync wont download the files, just flips back and forth between queued and 50% downloading very quickly until its canceled. I don't believe these are related.

• husker37husker37 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

I have the exact same issue with the newest Plex for android. It reverts back to internal storage.

Any fix? Plex sync is unusable for me.

• celegorm13celegorm13 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 122 Plex Pass

Just ran into this. Working yesterday, plex updates over night, then can't play my synced items. I'm just about to delete 100GB of synced shows when I see this thread. Sure enough, when I go to look, it's set to use internal storage again and my storage limit (120GB of 256) I have set was lost.

The kicker though? when I switched back to my SD card, I lost everything that was synced. I'm at work now and have to rely on my crappy upload to get enough movies & shows to last me through a weekend away from home. Not happy at all.

Happened again today. Updated overnight at the hotel, didn't notice until I was on the road again and poof everything was gone.

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4,853 Plex Pass

@celegorm13 said:
    Happened again today. Updated overnight at the hotel, didn't notice until I was on the road again and poof everything was gone.

Turn off automatic updates for your apps. It doesn't fix the problem, but at least it will prevent you from losing all your synced content. Damn shame this hasn't gotten any love from the devs.

Yeah, I found that last night. And figures that Murphy's law strikes true - it happened at the worst possible time. Twice. If i was at home where it could update over local wifi I'd be without a trip's worth of media for an hour tops. While on the road (which I am for work a lot) it's very painful and slow to get anything back.

I did get some interesting screen shots of it re-syncing last night that I haven't been able to get posted here yet. It was still syncing and downloading, but the status was that I was at my storage limit. My config was properly set to 110 gigs allocated, it had only grabbed 14GB. Again, it all synced properly and everything was playable, but it was very weird. Will upload those pictures once I can get them off my phone.

edited May 23

Here are the screen shots I mentioned above. Like I said it still synced everything without issue so the message is more "weird" than anything else but still worth noting IMO.