Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] 9anime

TwoureTwoure Posts: 563 ✭✭✭
edited May 7 in Plex Channels

9anime.bundle

Updated: 05/07/2017 - Version: 1.0.1

This plugin creates a new Video Channel within Plex Media Server (PMS) to view Anime from 9anime.to. It is currently under development and as such, should be considered alpha software and potentially unstable.

NOTE: The author of this plugin has no affiliation with 9anime.to nor the owners of the content that they hosts.

Features

• Watch Anime TV & Movies (quality ranges from 360p to 1080p)
  • Search Anime
  • Update from within the Channel

Channel Support

Plex Media Server:
  • Tested Working:
    • Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: PMS version 1.6.1
Plex Clients:
  • Tested Working:
    • Android (7.1.2) (Plex Client App, v5.8.0.475)
    • Plex Web (3.5.0)
    • Chromecast

How To Install

1. This channel can be installed via WebTools.bundle or manually follow the directions below.
  2. Download the latest and install 9anime by following the Plex instructions or the instructions below.
  3. Unzip and rename the folder to 9anime.bundle
  4. Copy 9anime.bundle into the PMS Plug-ins directory
  5. Unix based platforms need to chown plex:plex -R 9anime.bundle after moving it into the Plug-ins directory (user:group may differ by platform)
  6. Restart PMS

To Do

• Switch to TVShow and Season objects
  • Add bookmark support

Source code: https://github.com/Twoure/9anime.bundle
Development code: https://github.com/Twoure/9anime.bundle/tree/dev
ChangeLog: https://github.com/Twoure/9anime.bundle/blob/master/Changelog.md#changelog

Tagged:

Comments

• TwoureTwoure Posts: 563 ✭✭✭
    edited January 1

Wow, that was short. About an hour after I published this channel the site switched over to https causing an ssl cert error. For now this channel is broken until the site fixes its ssl cert issue. :(

GHI: https://github.com/Twoure/9anime.bundle/issues/1

• benjy1313benjy1313 Posts: 54 Plex Pass

this seems to be working for me all of a sudden even though it was not before

• AdminZoAdminZo Posts: 3 ✭✭

I will try this later today. Hope it works :/

• LutochrisLutochris Posts: 13 ✭✭

It WAS working for me today, but now I can't load videos on 9anime...or ANY other site (Kiss, Masterani.me, GoGAnime, JustDubs, etc). I can get to the sites and navigate, but nothing loads when I click play, just spins nonstop. Also true no matter what server I choose. Is this true for anyone else or just me?

• Confined9991Confined9991 Posts: 9 ✭✭

@Lutochris said:
    It WAS working for me today, but now I can't load videos on 9anime...or ANY other site (Kiss, Masterani.me, GoGAnime, JustDubs, etc). I can get to the sites and navigate, but nothing loads when I click play, just spins nonstop. Also true no matter what server I choose. Is this true for anyone else or just me?

Same here. I have been using 9anime since the Kiss Network app went down, and now it has stopped working. Can't search for any anime, and they no longer play

• LutochrisLutochris Posts: 13 ✭✭

Ok I'm an idiot - turns out it's just because I hadn't updated Firefox...once I tried in Chrome they all worked. And the 9anime channel is working for me.

What I WAS going to say is that the only reason I don't use 9anime full time instead of Kiss (with all the issues Kiss is constantly plagued with) is that the folks at 9anime don't seem to understand that when they upload a dub episode file, they need to transcode it to include the soft-subs for on-screen Japanese text, or else we can't read signs/newspapers/other written stuff. This is especially important when watching a show like ERASED, where a ton of important information is conveyed via on-screen text.

So I wish I could convince the folks at 9anime to take this issue more seriously since it's the only thing keeping me from using their site primarily. Otherwise, the channel seems to work, so thank you!

Working again on my Roku stick

• crazydanedkcrazydanedk Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited March 30

so wired thing if you push the litte play icon it works but the text then it dont, to bad we cant push that on the tv

• doogalbeezdoogalbeez Posts: 15 Plex Pass

Was working on my Roku the other day. In the browser, not so much. Might be my VPN?

• JonJones24JonJones24 Posts: 4 ✭✭

What are the chances that you can create a 9cartoon channel to go with this, considering also KissCartoon is down.

this channel works twoure, can you add bookmark plz

@crazydanedk said:
    can you add bookmark plz

Yup, just haven't had the time. Once I have time, I'll fix/update it and add to WebTools.

• ChopstickwarfareChopstickwarfare Posts: 12 ✭✭

@Twoure I know you're busy with the Kiss bundle but I had a quick question regarding the search function on this channel. For some reason I am unable to search the 9anime channel specifically to reach w.e anime I am trying to watch on my fireTV. However, on my Samsung smart tv I can search no problem. Is the search feature just not available for all the apps, or am I doing something wrong?

@Chopstickwarfare said:
    Is the search feature just not available for all the apps, or am I doing something wrong?

The search feature in channels, is not available to all Plex clients. This is a limitation of the Plex Client and not the channel, sorry.

• ChopstickwarfareChopstickwarfare Posts: 12 ✭✭

@Twoure Ah! Thats what I was afraid of. Oh well, I will be patiently awaiting bookmarks then. Thanks again for all your work.

@Twoure said:

@Chopstickwarfare said:
    Is the search search feature just not available for all the apps, or am I doing something wrong?

The search feature in channels, is not available to all Plex clients. This is a limitation of the Plex Client and not the channel, sorry.

i can use search on pc and tv :)

so looks like the channel is dead now :(

Yeah no videos load for me anymore

edited May 6

@crazydanedk & @Confined9991, thanks for the heads up. Working on a fix.

(FYI: you may want to grab a free account with hook.io as the patch will require one. Will explain once finished updating channel.)

• coder-alphacoder-alpha Posts: 469 ✭✭✭

@Twoure
    Any suggestions I could borrow ? :smile:
    Seems like the fix is the same for both of us. I have a workaround for fmovies which seems rather clunky for an average user. I am having issues running the JSF#ck encrypted code through any of the JS to Python libraries (Js2Py or execjs). A manual port of the JS code to decode seems the only alternate.