If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

"Unable to connect to the content server" Error on Transcoding

chaosmakerchaosmaker Posts: 538Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi @Orca,

I have this weird issue with a single file on a friends' UE48JS8500 using Plex v2.007 (although it also happened on 2.006). Basically this is connected remotely and so I tend to want to use transcoding when watching anything on there. For this one file I seem to not be able to play it through "transcoding" and it fails with the "Unable to connect to the content server" error. Anything else we have played so far on any setting (transcoding or not) plays fine. This one particular file fails every time - but only on transcoding and direct streaming, direct play works fine.

Interestingly, iPads or iPhones or the web app play the file fine, even when trying to use the same transcoding settings. So I'm not really sure what is going on. I have caputred the log for the time from pressing the play button to the error and that is attached. I can see the Transcoder is showing an error of invalid input, but how does it work with the web app then?!

Chaos

Best Answer

Answers

• OckingshayOckingshay Posts: 283Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I do not have the resources folder in plex media server.

Find the folder that has the file (normally in Plex\Plex Media Server\Resources\Profiles)

Is there another place for it? I'm on pms 1.3.3 and Samsung app 2.005

Thanks

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,563Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Hmm, it should be on the server in the spot where you installed it.
    You didn't mention your platform but for Windows it's in :
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\Resources\Profiles

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation