If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex background art blurry, any way to "un-blur"?

rickio01rickio01 Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello,

I have the web player, the Samsung TV app which I have always said is the best and the LG TV app. I have recently decided to install the Windows Plex app from the app store on my Win 10. On the LG TV there is an option to switch between blurred background art and dim. On the Samsung TV, basically, why would you have it blurry? And the web player the same.

My question is, what exactly is the point in having an option for "Background art" on the Windows app if all you can see is random splodges of colour spat about you have no clue what the artwork is or what Movie/TV series/song is suppose to relate too? It should be called "Turn on colourful display" not "Background art"

Or am I missing something? Please let me know #-o

Thank you guys and girls for any help, other than that, loving Plex as a whole :)>-

Rick

Best Answer

Answers

• verybakedpotatoeverybakedpotatoe Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

For some reason I can not access that link. It tells me permission denied. I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to find an explanation for this since Plex updated their web client with this colorful vomit "feature" and the option to use background art was removed. I'd have to believe the background art will make a comeback since the art is all still stored in the server, but I would really like to be able to use the art over the pointlessly generic and bland chromatic smudge effect we are stuck with for now.

I'd be a little bit less frustrated if I could even imagine a single reason for this change to the web client. I really hope this isn't permanent, but the fact that it has shown up at all means that someone is making development decisions that shouldn't be allowed in the building.

• mtwfamilymtwfamily Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I agree with rickio01 and verybakedpotatoe, that the background art should be restored. I am also a PlexPass lifetime member and cannot seem to access the referenced link above. Please help us someone! :)