Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Disable Upcoming Blu-Ray Trailers on iPad app?

WasabiNMEWasabiNME Members Posts: 6 ✭✭

According to the documentation, this should only be available to Plex Pass subcribers, which I'm not. In any case, the "Include Cinema Trailers from new and upcoming movies on Blu-ray" box isn't checked. And I believe that only refers to the cinema experience option where trailers play before your selected movie.

I'm talking about a new row of movies labeled "Upcoming Blu-Ray" that has recently shown up on the iPad under Movies/Discover. How do I get rid of this?

Answers

• Sunshine AcademySunshine Academy Members Posts: 1

I would also like to hide the upcoming trailers in the android app I have a separate server for the kids and I keep seeing things like sausage party that they have no business watching.

• bluesfan7bluesfan7 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass

I too want to be able to turn this off for my managed account for my kids. Sausage party is NOT a kids movie.

• puertorock82puertorock82 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 73 Plex Pass
    edited January 24

I would like to piggyback on this. Having the same issue. I have a separate account for my kids. The section for Upcoming Blu-Ray trailers has never been a part of the discover section. I had all of the horror movies and most of the drama movies show up in my 6 yrs account. I have to remove plex from his IPAD until i get a fix. Before I would be able to give him his tablet with out any concern, but this is a issue now.

I have removed the checkmark under Server>Extra for Blu-Ray trailers but still not solved.

• WAYFLIXWAYFLIX Members, Plex Pass Posts: 392 Plex Pass

Just discovered this on my iOS apps as well. Please have this "feature" removed.

edited January 24

Can anyone from plex IOS dev team please acknowledge this as a issue?

I linked to this post in the iOS (beta) forum. I hope it gets resolved in the next update or even quicker server side.

• sergiou87sergiou87 Plex for iOS Developer SpainMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 469 Plex Employee

This seems to be an issue in the server side, and will be fixed in an upcoming release. The problem is the server wasn't respecting the content rating restrictions.

We're really sorry about that! Thanks for your patience.

No problem thanks for the reply.

edited February 10

@sergiou87 said:
    This seems to be an issue in the server side, and will be fixed in an upcoming release. The problem is the server wasn't respecting the content rating restrictions.

We're really sorry about that! Thanks for your patience.

Okay the issues is almost resolved on the newest update a temp fix. I do not want any trailers displaying at all. Seems now that if I deem a movie is okay for my son to watch and its PG-13 the trailers auto populate what is being really ignored is the following in my opinion.

****Server-> Extras
    Include Cinema Trailers from movies in my library
    Include Cinema Trailers from new and upcoming movies in theaters
    This feature is Plex Pass only.
    Include Cinema Trailers from new and upcoming movies on Blu-ray ****

The Blu-ray one is the troublesome of the 3. It just does not go away when you hit discover on any folder created.

This portion no mater how many times i try and disable it seems to ignore my request. Before the last 2 server updates it was not a issue. Hopefully this can be resolved.

Yes. Simply fixing the rating isn't enough. I would like to have this disabled as well.

@WAYFLIX said:
    Yes. Simply fixing the rating isn't enough. I would like to have this disabled as well.

Yeah they have a option like i detailed under the settings->Server->Extras but it is being clearly ignored by something, because when you check the Alert Status the following is displayed "Include Cinema Trailers from new and upcoming movies on Blu-ray set to false. " But nothing is happening.

@puertorock82 said:

@WAYFLIX said:

Yeah they have a option like i detailed under the settings->Server->Extras but it is being clearly ignored by something, because when you check the Alert Status the following is displayed "Include Cinema Trailers from new and upcoming movies on Blu-ray set to false. " But nothing is happening.

Yes. I have that option disabled as well. Although I thought that had to do with cinematic trailers playing as a pre-roll prior to the chosen movie.

@WAYFLIX said:

Just curious are you like me running your server on a MAC?

@puertorock82 said:

@WAYFLIX said:

Yes. My set up is in my signature below.

edited February 10

@WAYFLIX said:

@puertorock82 said:

@WAYFLIX said:

Yes. My set up is in my signature below.

So I wonder if its a OSX issue on the server, I am going to re-post this on that forum for a bigger audience.

Still no one answering back from plex support.

This has still not be resolved with the latest PMS (Plex Pass) update version 1.4.1.3362. Trailers still display in libraries on iOS.

@WAYFLIX said:
    This has still not be resolved with the latest PMS (Plex Pass) update version 1.4.1.3362. Trailers still display in libraries on iOS.

Can you link me to the plex pass pre server releases ?

• egibbysegibbys Members, Plex Pass Posts: 31 Plex Pass

I'm running my server on Windows and have this problem as well. I started a post about this issue back in December and it was filed as a bug. I am super disappointed that this has been overlooked. Clearly it's widespread.

@egibbys said:
    I'm running my server on Windows and have this problem as well. I started a post about this issue back in December and it was filed as a bug. I am super disappointed that this has been overlooked. Clearly it's widespread.

Yes it is . I wish some one in plex support would say something.