Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[BUG] Last subtitle entry is not displayed on Plex Web

SkaronatorSkaronator Members, Plex Pass Posts: 58 Plex Pass

Hey,

just played a normal Episode of Elementary and noticed that there are missing subtitles for 3-4 sentences so I decided to make them quick in a SRT file.

Everything works fine except that the last subtitle is not displayed on the Web player. It works fine on the Plex Media Player and Android.

This is the content of the SRT file

00:01:48,500 --> 00:01:52,000
Die Presse bezeichnete Sie als Hure,

00:01:52,500 --> 00:01:56,800
aber ich denke es war die Einsamkeit,
die sie getötet hat.

00:01:57,500 --> 00:02:02,000
Sie muss ihren Angreifer gekannt haben.

00:02:02,500 --> 00:02:04,000
Mr. Iyengar?

1, 2, 3 and 4 will be shown on Plex Media Server and on my Android Phone -> everything fine
1, 2 and 3 will be shown on Plex Web but 4 is missing?

Any idea why this happens? I tried to add a 5th subtitle to it and then it will play 1, 2, 3 and 4 but not the 5th - so its always the last one.

Best Answers

Answers

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 30,873 Plex Ninja

May I have a copy of the whole file, unaltered please?

Got help? Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • SkaronatorSkaronator Members, Plex Pass Posts: 58 Plex Pass

Of the SRT file or do you want the Video + SRT file? If you only want the SRT file then the full content is in my first post. The file is in UTF-8 formatted.

I'd like the file as-is, please. Not inserted into a forum post, which might mess with the line breaks etc.
    zip it before trying to attach it to a post
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/202756326-How-do-I-attach-files-in-the-forums-

The file is embedded in the MKV but it doesn't matter if it's inside the MKV or external as SRT file.

The file look very ordinary.

Could you set
    Settings - Web - Player - Burn Subtitles = Always
    and play the same file again?
    Is the last line still missing in this mode?

Okay now its working fine and it'll show the last line as well. (with 100% CPU usage ofc :P)

Alright, great - or bad! :P

• J.ClarkJ.Clark Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass
    edited March 7

as of 3.37.2, I'm sorry to report this is still happening for me. External Srt, last entry for every tv episode with subtitles misses the last entry.

These subtitles are the non-English parts, so one of the srt files for an episode only has one entry.. as this is the first, only and last entry, this subtitle never gets displayed either.

For the record, I have added a last entry:

To every single srt file. With this "Final", illegitimate entry, the actual last entry now shows. NO biggie, but deffo still a bug =0)