If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How do I add artwork to the folders in folder view?

phillipsoasisphillipsoasis Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have my home movies organized by year and view them as folders. How do I add artwork to the folders? There is no pencil or ellipse when I hover over the folders.

Thanks,

Mark

Answers

• ChuckPAChuckPA Posts: 20,188Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

Folder view does not provide that ability. It shows them, as named, in the file system.

Perhaps you're thinking of the Home Videos type library section?

Please DISABLE Verbose logging until requested

Please search before posting

Primary support forums: Linux, Synology, and QNAP

Please remember to report back. This benefits others.

Useful links

Installation and Basic Setup |  Media Preparation (How to name your media files)  |  Linux Permissions 

Handling TV Specials | Handling Movie extras  |  Nas Compatibility List

Reporting Plex Server issues | Plex Media Server FAQ | Linux Tips

Other useful guides: Local Subtitles | The Plex "dance" | Synology FAQ | PMS Release Announcements

Hosts: Fedora, QNAP, Synology, most Linux distros in VM

No technical support via PM unless offered

Please remember to mark the appropriate answer(s) which solved your issue.

• Gnome SweGnome Swe Posts: 2Members

This is the main reason why I won't Go Premium.

• Elijah_BaleyElijah_Baley Posts: 4,675Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

According to Plex if you are using "Folder view" then you are using Plex wrong. When Plex made several changes a while back they completely left out folder view but there was such an uproar that they added it back in but with minimal support.

Do not expect Plex to ever add any more support, including posters, to the folder view. Just be thankful that there is a folder view at all.

Plex wants everyone to use Plex in exactly the same way in spite of the lie where Plex says "Your media your way."

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain
    "If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” - Isaac Asimov