Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Why does my Sync keep reverting to Internal storage?

MartiniranchMartiniranch Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass
edited January 4 in Android (mobile)

I want to use my external SD card for syncing.
I set it up to use my external storage and setup a limit of 20 GB.
It works for a while, then items stop syncing. I look at my sync status and it says out of storage....then I look at where it's syncing and Plex switched back to using internal storage on it's own.

Why is Plex reverting back to using Internal storage. This has happened to me 4 times now.

Answers

• RKLimesRKLimes Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass

Same problem.

Sync bring the only reason to have a Plex pass imo, you'd think it could be less consistent with the whole "being horrible" thing.

• nvrl8agnnvrl8agn Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

Same problem and this is the third time. The really frustrating part is that it deletes all stored data. Switching it back to external means I have to resync all my media again! I have even tried reformatting the card and ran a diagnostic on it and it's not the card that is the problem. Any news on this problem? I am using a rooted Kindle Fire, Android Version 5.1.1

• mjr1284mjr1284 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 55 Plex Pass

This started happening to me recently.

• eugovectoreugovector Members, Plex Pass Posts: 79 Plex Pass

Same here, I'm going to take a look at those dev threads, but any other recommendations? The combo of filling my internal storage and deleting my stored music is maddening.

• RKLimesRKLimes Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass

While we wait for a solution, is there a way to switch it back to external without erasing all the sync data?

• eugovectoreugovector Members, Plex Pass Posts: 79 Plex Pass

This is maddening. Any progress on a solution? Have moved the app to external storage and still reverts to internal with each reboot.