Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Phlex - Google Home + Plex Integration (with support for Sonarr, Couchpotato, etc.) NOW LIVE!

Answers

• mbrederodembrederode Members, Plex Pass Posts: 16 Plex Pass
    edited May 19

Phlex is up and running again after installing the latest commit.(don't exactly know what changed but thanks very much! :) )

But now i.keep getting the "phlex tv is not responding try again later" message from gh

Also still no cc's :(

Could the fact that my cc's are in a different subnet be an issue? I can connect to them from the chrome browser on the same server that runs phlex.

Phlex / plex are in 10.1.130.1/24
    Ccs: 10.1.140.1/24

• digitalhighdigitalhigh Members, Plex Pass Posts: 198 Plex Pass

@mbrederode said:
    Phlex is up and running again after installing the latest commit.(don't exactly know what changed but thanks very much! :) )

But now i.keep getting the "phlex tv is not responding try again later" message from gh

Also still no cc's :(

Could the fact that my cc's are in a different subnet be an issue? I can connect to them from the chrome browser on the same server that runs phlex.

Phlex / plex are in 10.1.130.1/24
    Ccs: 10.1.140.1/24

Yeah...I think I dun broke something...I'm getting that response too. I'll take a look shortly...

• Monstar316Monstar316 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 37 Plex Pass
    via Email
    Yes! That worked a treat.

Logged in and picking up Plex server OK. It was picking up my Chromecasts
    but now only shows Chrome as an available casting device.

I noticed that others are having issues with Chromecasts so I'll see if
    they have the same issue as myself.

Thanks for the help and awesome work!
    edited May 19

The gh isnow asking me to reregister after doing that twice it still asks me..
    Thanks for the wuick update though

@mbrederode said:

Send me a PM with your gmail address and phlex and phlex_error log, I'll take a look-see what's going on.

edited May 19

@digitalhigh said:

@mbrederode said:

Send me a PM with your gmail address and phlex and phlex_error log, I'll take a look-see what's going on.

Pm sent!

• farkam135farkam135 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Awesome work! Does this work for openelec devices running plex media player though? I have a rp3 and chromebox both running plex media player and I don't see them in the cast option :(, not sure if it's the same issue with chromecast not appearing either.

• DjcurleyDjcurley Members Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited May 20

@digitalhigh said:

@Djcurley said:
    Hey, so I decided to try this out tonight and I got it up and running on my QNAP webserver. However, like others here, it's not locating my chromecast devices, just the web player. It works from Google Home and plays back on my laptop browser that is open. Well, it plays back videos, with music it says it's playing in the log but nothing happens. I'm not sure if I'm a special case because I'm using QNAP's built-in webserver or if I need to go about it differently/use a third party webserver like QApache, but hoping you can help out some as I'm pretty new to all this. Thanks!

Look at phlex_error.log. Does it tell you anything is missing?

I don't see a phlex_error.log, just a Phlex.log, are they the same? What should I be looking for? There doesn't seem to be any mention of cast devices in the Phlex.log

• fanulfanul Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass
    edited May 20

@nblackmore said:
    Having some trouble registering my server.

Running XAMPP on a Windows 10. Followed the standard instructions for the setup. Set port as 9999 and forwarded the port through my router. I can access Phlex from the internet at http://mydomain.com:9999/Phlex.

Entering my public IP as mydomain.com:9999/Phlex and trying to register the server gives me the following result:

success
    Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Serialization of 'SimpleXMLElement' is not allowed' in [no active file]:0 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in [no active file] on line 0
    Unable to connect to Client at mydomain.com:9999/Phlex, please check the setting for 'Public Address' in the Phlex UI.

So it looks like it is initially detecting it okay and then having some sort of issue. What am I doing wrong here?

first of All thank you for your hardwork @digitalhigh , i can't be more lazier if i can setup phlex properly...
    i used to have that problem but after subscribing plex premium - voillla the problem vanish

but is it my computer must have IP Public in order to use Phlex properly?? honestly enabling remote access for plex it self is almost impossible for me (i tried all kind of ddns services but it can't be done.. but i'm open to suggestion)

FYI till now.. i',m unable to play anything via phlex

[MY SETUP]
    Windows 10
    XAMPP with PHP 5.6
    all kind of CURL, SOCKS, OPENSSL enabled with Administrative right

** pardon my english

@fanul said:

[MY SETUP]
    Windows 10
    XAMPP with PHP 5.6
    all kind of CURL, SOCKS, OPENSSL enabled with Administrative right

** pardon my english

I think you need PHP 7.0 or higher

@farkam135 said:
    Awesome work! Does this work for openelec devices running plex media player though? I have a rp3 and chromebox both running plex media player and I don't see them in the cast option :(, not sure if it's the same issue with chromecast not appearing either.

It should. Pretty sure I've got rasPi users. If you want to help me debug why your stuff isn't showing up do this:

1. Go into settings, disable "Obscure sensitive data in logs".
    2. Click on the cast button, click "rescan devices".
    3. In Phlex.log, look at the bottom for a line that says 'api.php::scanDevices: URL is ...'. Grab me that URL, send it to me via PM.

With that URL, I should be able to take a look at your device listings and get an idea of why they're not showing up for you. If you want, paste me the remainder of what follows for the scanDevices stuff in the log, that should tell me more.

• fobdorfobdor Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass
    edited May 20

Thanks for all the hard work you're putting into this amazing app!

I've got a problem with it detecting my players. I have plex on all sorts of devices (android, ipad, vizio TV) and it will only detect Plex Media Player and only on the windows 10 pc that is running the phlex server (and media server), or plexweb if I log in through chrome on any device.

It will not detect Plex Windows 10 app that's running on the same machine, nor Media Player running on any other machine in the house.

The strange thing is it was detecting my iPad earlier, but the only command that seemed to work was to play something. All the other commands like "pause" and "stop" and such did nothing. Now it's not detecting it at all.

The main one I use is the Plex app for Vizio TV, but I imagine it's a singular issue preventing it from seeing all of them.

I should note that I have multiple users on my account and the main user is pin protected. I do however, try to rescan devices after I've opened Plex and logged in with my pin.

• dudeman27dudeman27 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass
    edited May 21

Thanks for all your hard work. I've been reading through this forum, along with others and github, and can tell you've been working really hard on this. I just ran into this and am trying to get it up and running, but I want to pull my hair out. Probably something easy I haven't noticed.

I did a fresh re-install of xampp, enabled sockets and curl dlls in the PHP config file. I can access the login page, but when entering my info and clicking "Do It!" absolutely nothing happens. I don't have an error log file, but this does show in the Phlex.log file. Any idea what might be causing it?

api.php - Got a new-fangled login request here.
    api.php - Userpass: XXXX (removed)
    util.php::signIn - No token or not signed in, signing into Plex.
    util.php::signIn - Container: null
    api.php - LOGIN.PHP: received Token is null

Running this on Windows 7 with PHP 7.1.4.

Holy balls man...I just did a TON of stuff I've wanted to do for a while now.

For starters, ALL commands are now parsed via API.ai - including IFTTT and Web UI commands. So, no more separate URL's and commands and stuff - just set up ONE invocation like "Tell Flex", and the rest of the command will be parsed and handled like a PRO.

Sweet, right? The UI is updated with a new link for API.ai. Now, I need to figure out what to put in place of that command button. :dizzy:

Still working on the general UI overhaul. Got a lot of animation and thought into making it all one UI, so when you login, it transitions to the main UI without a reload and stuff, which I just love to watch. I still need to work on the card-in animations, I know those are weird AF right now.

Same with the card layouts - I'm trying to basically emulate what you get on your phone, plus more info on the command stuff that I can't wait around for with google. But, the general idea is to make the UI polished on every corner, and to unify the experience across all devices as much as possible. :D

BTW, did you know this thing works as a meta-app on Android? In a browser, pick "add to homescreen". The link will then run like it's own little app, which is pretty sweet, because it should be super-responsive.

Cast backgrounds are gone, kinda. I moved to a new online provider where they just feed images via one URL, and I don't have a ton of google stuff to deal with.

I've also fixed issues with multiple users linking accounts to the same Plex profile, if I didn't mention that already. It's late, and my brain hurts.

But, if you've got suggestions, quirks, whatever you see in the new UI, let me know. Also - how does it work with IFTTT?

@dudeman27 said:
    Thanks for all your hard work. I've been reading through this forum, along with others and github, and can tell you've been working really hard on this. I just ran into this and am trying to get it up and running, but I want to pull my hair out. Probably something easy I haven't noticed.

I did a fresh re-install of xampp, enabled sockets and curl dlls in the PHP config file. I can access the login page, but when entering my info and clicking "Do It!" absolutely nothing happens. I don't have an error log file, but this does show in the Phlex.log file. Any idea what might be causing it?

Double-check CURL. No response from Plex.tv (login) means CURL isn't setup correctly.

edited May 21

@digitalhigh Thanks for all the great work!

Just installed the latest commit but stil no chromecasts... :(
    It sees my phone (when plex is running) so I don't think it's a network related problem... Do you have any ideas as to what might be the problem?

Also can i just copy/paste the new files into my existing phlex folder (overwriting duplicates) or is a fresh install required?

• jeremyrileysmith@gmail.comjeremyrileysmith@gmail.com Members Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited May 21

@digitalhigh said:

@Djcurley said:
    Hey, so I decided to try this out tonight and I got it up and running on my QNAP webserver. However, like others here, it's not locating my chromecast devices, just the web player. It works from Google Home and plays back on my laptop browser that is open. Well, it plays back videos, with music it says it's playing in the log but nothing happens. I'm not sure if I'm a special case because I'm using QNAP's built-in webserver or if I need to go about it differently/use a third party webserver like QApache, but hoping you can help out some as I'm pretty new to all this. Thanks!

Look at phlex_error.log. Does it tell you anything is missing?

@jeremyrileysmith@gmail.com said:
    Have you put anymore thought/work into Kodi? Also, are you going to be able to take advantage of the visual support? Maybe a notification with a poster/fanart when you request a download or even to watch something while it loads? That might be cool!

Not a ton of thought into Kodi yet, I've been chasing issues and adding features nonstop. Once I get it where it works for most everybody most of the time, then I'll look at Kodi some more.

But, the visual support - that's already been added. ;)

photo Screenshot_20170519-122705.png

photo Screenshot_20170519-122727.png

photo Screenshot_20170519-122756.png

OK, This is sweet! Any chance to get it to display on the players (Cast Devices)? It is not, showing up on my phone but I know for sure I do not have the latest Assitant with the "Your Feed", so I may just have to be patience. But I would love for a notification of pop up on my tv.

On a side note, since you seem to like all cool things, I will throw this idea out there. With the new visual aspect of google assistant, you think it would be possible to essentially create a permanent dashboard with live info updating?

Hey Google " Ask Flex TV to display my dashboard, family hub, (or whatever) on living room tv. It could have agenda info, to do list, maybe a list of content being played on other devices. I think you get the idea.

This may not be possible with google actions. I am sure there are limitations for how long things can display, and there may be limitations in terms of automatically updating the information. But I think this would be an awesome project. Could easily be it's on action.

I know you are extremely busy, please don't take this as me being demanding. I love what you have done. These are just ideas that are outside my realm of expertise. Keep up the awesome work!

• dracos1985dracos1985 Members Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited May 21

@digitalhigh - New update looks fantastic, but has introduced a few issues... I seem to have lost my API and IP settings for SB and CP - entering them in again results in inconsistent saving - what i mean is it doesnt save the key but saves the IP, so I re-enter the key, and it defaults back to the IP you set as default (which mine isnt located at!) but saves the key?!. Also, in the plex server list its not showing my server. Lastly, it seems to arbitrarily select and cycle through my CC devices. very odd..

EDIT: also, the webpage seems slow to respond to requests?
    EDIT 2: Scratch that, I tried to log out and back in again to see if that would help and now the "Do It!" button does nothing at all so I cannot log in. I have restarted both the server machine and Apache2 with no success and done the basic things like cleared cookies, tried another browser and another device to view the page on. The "Do It"" button is a button that does nothing for me...

• FrendTFrendT Members Posts: 6

@dracos1985 said:
    @digitalhigh - New update looks fantastic, but has introduced a few issues... I seem to have lost my API and IP settings for SB and CP - entering them in again results in inconsistent saving - what i mean is it doesnt save the key but saves the IP, so I re-enter the key, and it defaults back to the IP you set as default (which mine isnt located at!) but saves the key?!. Also, in the plex server list its not showing my server. Lastly, it seems to arbitrarily select and cycle through my CC devices. very odd..

EDIT: also, the webpage seems slow to respond to requests?
    EDIT 2: Scratch that, I tried to log out and back in again to see if that would help and now the "Do It!" button does nothing at all so I cannot log in. I have restarted both the server machine and Apache2 with no success and done the basic things like cleared cookies, tried another browser and another device to view the page on. The "Do It"" button is a button that does nothing for me...

I also love the new look and did a clean install. Stopped and restarted Apache server. Like dracos1985, when I click on the 'Do It' button, nothing happens.

@digitalhigh said:
    Holy balls man...I just did a TON of stuff I've wanted to do for a while now.

For starters, ALL commands are now parsed via API.ai - including IFTTT and Web UI commands. So, no more separate URL's and commands and stuff - just set up ONE invocation like "Tell Flex", and the rest of the command will be parsed and handled like a PRO.

Sweet, right? The UI is updated with a new link for API.ai. Now, I need to figure out what to put in place of that command button. :dizzy:

Still working on the general UI overhaul. Got a lot of animation and thought into making it all one UI, so when you login, it transitions to the main UI without a reload and stuff, which I just love to watch. I still need to work on the card-in animations, I know those are weird AF right now.

Same with the card layouts - I'm trying to basically emulate what you get on your phone, plus more info on the command stuff that I can't wait around for with google. But, the general idea is to make the UI polished on every corner, and to unify the experience across all devices as much as possible. :D

BTW, did you know this thing works as a meta-app on Android? In a browser, pick "add to homescreen". The link will then run like it's own little app, which is pretty sweet, because it should be super-responsive.

Cast backgrounds are gone, kinda. I moved to a new online provider where they just feed images via one URL, and I don't have a ton of google stuff to deal with.

I've also fixed issues with multiple users linking accounts to the same Plex profile, if I didn't mention that already. It's late, and my brain hurts.

But, if you've got suggestions, quirks, whatever you see in the new UI, let me know. Also - how does it work with IFTTT?

@dudeman27 said:

Double-check CURL. No response from Plex.tv (login) means CURL isn't setup correctly.

Is there a newb guide on this that you know of? I checked it in php.ini and it's enabled. Hopefully my Google Fu is strong enough.

I got it working with a bad work around. I manually entered my plex token in the first line of util.php file, but it's not able to locate any servers :/