If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No InputObject for InputDirectoryObject

Sophos84Sophos84 Posts: 24Members ✭✭

Hi,
iam create an InputDirectoryObject for user inputs in my Plugin, but they don't show an input field. I have a route for the callback, but they don't called. Hers my minimized code:

@handler(prefix, name, icon, art) def Main(): Log.Info('makeView: passed') oc = ObjectContainer() oc.add(InputDirectoryObject(key=Callback(addURL), title='This is a InputDicrectoryObject', summary='Click here to add Text', prompt='Enter the Url where to find the Recommendations')) return oc

@route(prefix + '/addURL') def addURL(query): test = query Log.Info('addLink: message' + test) return ObjectContainer(header='Added', message='Added: ' + test)

The Log info from the Main method is write in the logs, but don't the Log info for the addURL Method. What am I doing wrong? Any Ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• Sophos84Sophos84 Posts: 24Members ✭✭

Thanks for the answer, thats very sadly :(. Have you a list of supported devices?

Theres another way to make it possible that a user can deposit an input in form of text?

• dane22dane22 Posts: 10,387Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

No list sadly, and don't know any other way sadly.

Bare in mind here, that what you are trying to do, is not what the framework is intended for!

/T

I hate bugs - Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
    Join me in developing: epg-dk, str2utf-8, remidx, ExportTools, WebTools
    Support the Samsung Client:Donate
    Guides I use: Media Naming Guide, Local subtitles, Log-Files, QNAP FAQ, The Plex Dance

NO Support via PM, unless called by me

• shopgirl284shopgirl284 Posts: 2,787Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Forum Moderator Plex Ninja

I use the InputDirectoryObject() and SearchDirectoryObject() in a few channels.

InputDirectoryObject() and SearchDirectoryObject() are only supported on the Plex player app for Roku and Andriod.

InputDirectoryObject() and SearchDirectoryObject() also work for Plex Web, but there are some limitations with Plex Web. Plex Web will only recognize the first input option in a directory, so if you use multiple input object in one directory, Plex Web will only recognize the first one. And user must blindly know to use the Search Dialog box at the top of the screen for input. But it will show that directory as an option in the drop down menu that appears when you enter data in that Search Box at the top of the screen while in that directory.

And no Plex player apps currently support the Global Search for channels (inclusion of any results from a Search Service into the overall search results for a Plex player app). This cannot be addressed by the individual Plex player app developers. The data they pull is managed by Plex Media Server and separated into the various sections and it does not include a section for channel results, so the PMS developers would need to address this first.

I have added issues to all of the various Plex player apps issue list hoping it will be addressed. But I was told that this is "just not a priority for Plex right now," which really bothers me. And they wonder why Plex channel developers do not stick around.

The Roku app developer is one of the few that works very hard to make sure Plex channels and the Framework are supported. I suggest that everyone use the Roku app if they care to use Plex channels.

Many issues and questions can be resolved by reviewing the Plex Support Documentation
    Providing details about your issue, Plex setup, and including log files are important when when asking for help on the forums.
    See Log Files
    Before posting channel plugin questions or issues, please review the pinned threads at the top of the Channel Plugin forum:
    READ FIRST: Guidelines for Posting Channel Plugin Issues/Questions and Things to Check First
    FAQ for Channel Plugin FAQ