Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PhotoObject not displaying in Web interface but is in Plex Media Player?

cncbcncb Members, Plex Pass Posts: 132 Plex Pass

My channel creates PhotoObjects as below (modified a video example I found on this forum). It shows the photo thumbnails fine, but when I click on one to view it full screen in the Web interface, all I get is a blank screen. When I select it in Plex Media Player it begins a slideshow and shows the photos as expected. It also works in the Plex Windows 10 app. Any idea what the Web interface is expecting different than the other apps? Maybe a minimum set of attributes for the photo?

def CreatePhotoObject(url, title, summary, originally_available_at, thumb, include_container=False):
photo_obj = PhotoObject(
    key = Callback(CreatePhotoObject, url=url, title=title, summary=summary, originally_available_at=originally_available_at, thumb=thumb, include_container=True),
    rating_key = url,
    title = title,
    summary = summary,
    originally_available_at = originally_available_at,
    thumb = Resource.ContentsOfURLWithFallback(url=url),
    items = [
        MediaObject(
            parts = [
                PartObject(key=url)
            ]
        )
    ]
)

if include_container:
    return ObjectContainer(objects=[photo_obj])
else:
    return photo_obj

Best Answer

Answers