If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Status page shows 3 duplicate alerts for each process

TMHollandTMHolland Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Anyone have any experience fixing this issue? Even with a fresh set up of plex it happens. Every event gets 3 alerts, not a huge issue but just annoying when I am trying to watch the progress.

Answers

• tomyuntomyun Posts: 43Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have exactly the same issue here with Plex Media Server 1.7.5.4035 on macOS 10.12.5. Not only annoying to watch, but wondering if multiple processes waste their time on the same tasks.

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,173Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

Yes this happens. There are old forum topics on this. I suspect it is because there are 3 passes on each file

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows