If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Apple TV language change

takacs_matetakacs_mate Posts: 1Members

Hello. Im having some problem with changing language on apple TV. When I try to watch a series on Apple Tv plex app The only language possibility is unknown.(and its english) But when i watch it on my mac or on pms I can choose from different languages.(like Hungarian) And i also not able to select any subtitle.

Answers

• hytrekhytrek Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

same here... any ideas?
    Original file is an mkv. On all other devices, even when using a browser like chrome all other languages are available... not on AT4

• T'hain Esh KelchT'hain Esh Kelch Posts: 417Members ✭✭✭

You have to change it before starting the movie.

• lucheluche Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue... i don't recall seeing this in the past. Why would I not be able to switch it during playback like i can with other plex apps?

What's more, why does the language show up as the single option "Unknown", only on the Apple TV? Even the subtitles are affected. It's clearly a bug on the Apple TV app version. FWIW I'm on 1.18 (7173), Apple TV 4.

• ersanersan Posts: 40Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 22

@luche said:
    Same issue... i don't recall seeing this in the past. Why would I not be able to switch it during playback like i can with other plex apps?

What's more, why does the language show up as the single option "Unknown", only on the Apple TV? Even the subtitles are affected. It's clearly a bug on the Apple TV app version. FWIW I'm on 1.18 (7173), Apple TV 4.

To the first part: I believe because the Plex team is still using the native Apple TV video player.