If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

problem viewing mkv files with embedded subtitles in Samsung TV app

I have a problem viewing mkv files with embedded subtitles in Samsung TV app. It was working fine in the past and stopped working. The files are working fine in ios app and in the browser but no subtitles when you watch in the Samsung TV app (I have Samsung 55es8000 TV)
Please help.

Answers

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,586Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

It's a known issue with 2012 models. Samsung broke it after some firmware update. It still works on other models.
    As workaround I added 'subtitle only' transcoding to the latest version. (2.007).
    This will allow you to view internal subtitles while still using direct play.
    Check the manual here, and the USB file download here

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

• mikilummikilum Posts: 4Members ✭✭

I was using the transcode before mode until now. Few days ago (new plex version in the samsung tv) it stop working

• giogio1giogio1 Posts: 62Members ✭✭
    edited May 11

@Orca said:
    It's a known issue with 2012 models. Samsung broke it after some firmware update. It still works on other models.
    As workaround I added 'subtitle only' transcoding to the latest version. (2.007).
    This will allow you to view internal subtitles while still using direct play.
    Check the manual here, and the USB file download here

Thanks Orca, I was just looking for the 2.007 version usb

Edit: I can not find the 2.007 usb version in the link...

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,586Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

I uploaded it again, link in this post.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation