If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

RPI3 - Libreelec - Only way to connect to library is by disabling secure connections server-side

ForceflowForceflow Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi there,

Using a RPI3 with Libreelec and the latest repo version of the Kodi plugin.
The only way for me to be able to browse my server (which is running on the same network, 192.168.1.119, my RPI3 is 192.168.1.225) is to set encryption to "disabled" server-side. Setting it to preferred or required makes the Kodi plugin fail ("doing connection tests").

It doesn't matter what I set the Kodi plugin settings to ("never", "always, "only on same network").

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Answers

• ForceflowForceflow Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 18

Oh, and of course, here's my debug log. This is with server setting on "preferred" and Kodi plugin settings on "local network only". Server is running on Ubuntu 16.10, server version 1.3.3.3148.

http://pastebin.com/QrLL2E2B

My guess (but I'm no expert) is that this request seems a bit weird:

Starting request: GET https://192-168-1-119.5ed8b4f3d3ae4a82800c561581ea3665.plex.direct:32400/ (async=True timeout=10.0(10))

Is that a valid URL?

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,294Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Yes, those are the URL's plex uses internally, to be able to support SSL.

We've had intermittent issues with people not being able to connect to local servers via SSL and not sure why, honestly. You're in the same bucket. Unfortunately the main dev does not have this issue on any of his 4 PMS's locally, so its hard to debug.

• ForceflowForceflow Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Anything I could do to help debugging?

• MallkrawlerMallkrawler Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

so I had this issue as well. But I just got it to work. I am unsure if I needed to or not but I did use certbot to create a p12 file to point to my dyndns domain. The reason I am unsure if I needed to do this is cause I had the same issue after installing the new cert. But prior to what I actually fixed it.

What did fix my issue was editing the hosts file on the libreelec kodi install.
    nano /storage/.config/hosts.conf
    and pointing my local ip to my domain name.
    Then I logged out of the plex app on the kodi box (IMPORTANT STEP)before rebooting the box. After I rebooted I opened the plex app and re-signed in with the new code. After that I am now able to use my local plex server with ssl on libreelec kodi box.