If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Confusing about Encode/Decode and Quote/Unqote String Object

Sophos84Sophos84 Posts: 24Members ✭✭

Hi,

Iam confused about the Encode/Decode and Quote/Unqote methods of the String class. For what are these methods? In wich context do Iam need them? I have read the documentation but they are insufficient for me. Has anyone a better explanation for me?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• dane22dane22 Posts: 10,255Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Encode/Decode

If you are about to construct an url, that contains extended characters, like æøå, then encode it, and you can use it in an url
    Decode is the reverse

Quote/Unqote

Same as above, but this time for characters that are treated special in an url, like & and ?

See this:
    w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.asp

/T

I hate bugs - Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
    Join me in developing: epg-dk, str2utf-8, remidx, ExportTools, WebTools
    Support the Samsung Client:Donate
    Guides I use: Media Naming Guide, Local subtitles, Log-Files, QNAP FAQ, The Plex Dance

NO Support via PM, unless called by me