If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Unable to play songs in Sonos

aschmockeraschmocker Posts: 2Members

Hi
I configured remote access for plex server. I configured plex in my sonos app. I am able to browse the plex library. If i open a album i can't see a album logo. I'm unable to play a song. The application shows me unable to find/connection to plex not possible.

Answers

• HampstaaHampstaa Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi there!
    Nothing helpful from my site, sorry.
    I got the look a like problem with ma plex server on Synology RS814.
    But i got some inputs which may help the plex team to spot the problem.
    I can Access the Tracks and listen it if i login to the NAS with PLEX.
    I can also listen the Tracks if i login only with Sonos on the NAS Directory.
    I tried to play the song directly with the player app and i tried to play it with using the WindowsPC as second server with the playlist of the NAS Directory.
    Finding: It cannot be a transcoding or compatibility problem from the systems, wire, or nasweakness
    I can see the files with the plexapp implemented in sonos, but i cannot open them. Always the same message as reported from user:aschmocker is popping up.
    I cleaned up as much as sonos weak app let do, collect a handful of songs and linked them...the problem is not a cache problem or because there are too much songs and it looks also, that it is not a problem of the path deep. Because it is not one song played...its also not a filename problem.
    The SONOSApp also not let the path of the server change manually and as i kicked off one of them as a server, the SONOS App showed the name of the still active server but the path displayed was the one of the rejected.(PC+NAS are diffrent named, i had the same account/username and both linked to SONOS with PLEX).
    My problem is, that in both, PLEX and SONOS are not enough playlist import and export options!
    I do not need the full library. Only the playlist linked Stuff and or full discs.
    In Sonos is the library size to small to manage the NAS, in PLEX i cannot access the SONOS, in SONOS i cannot play PLEX and in both i cannot import or export the playlist to the other App.
    Thats a f***ing 100% imcompatibility! :-)Respect!
    SONOS should be implemented in PLEX and PLEX in SONOS.
    Both should give more options to import and export content, lists, paths, more detailed expert menus and download options.