If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

SHIELD forum - just for PMS?

kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 5,592Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

I posted a question for the Plex client app on the Android TV board, but is that the best spot for it? There has been zero response to the question, even when I put a request directly to an employee/ninja. I thought about putting it in the Android (mobile) board, but that doesn't seem to be the best place either, even though it's the same app (as far as I can tell). The SHIELD board is supposed to be for PMS on the Shield so I didn't want to post it in there either.

Where should the community post questions pertaining to the Plex client app on the Shield?

Thanks in advance for inputs from the Plex team on this.

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: Running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

Answers

• spikemixturespikemixture Posts: 1,411Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hell, you have made 3473 posts!

If you don't know how would we simple members have any idea? :))

Plex related : NAS Synology 1817+ & 1815+, 3x NUC (Skull i7, i5 & i3), Drobo 5N and 2 Nvidia Shields - 2017 and 2015 Pros
    Client hardware used or using - Shield 2015 (pro and 16gb) and 2017 pro, ATV4, Xbox 360 and one, Fire stick and TV, windows PMP, Raspberry PI, Roku Stick and 3 and 4 plus several Android Phones and Tablets.

I give MY opinion from MY experience!

So much importance is put on the processing power of your PMS box.
    I say equal or more should be put on correctly formatting and optimizing your media !

• tech007tech007 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The Forum Admins should setup a Nvidia Shield section under 'Plex Players' category. There is an item under 'Plex Media Server' for the Nvidia Shield. The Plex Player/Nvidia Shield section would be used to specific questions, issues using Nvidia Shield as a Plex Player.