If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Repeated segment of music

AffraeAffrae Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi!

Whenever I am playing music in Sonos via the Sonos Plex Service, I note that at the beginning of each track, I quite frequently get a small (say, 1 second) segment of the previous track repeated. It is not the last second of the previous track, it seems to be a random segment.

It is more noticeable with gapless playback. Does not happen with the equivalent album on Apple Music, and I have checked the tracks themselves to ensure they haven't been corrupted - they playback fine in something like VLC...

Thought I would cast around here to see if anyone else has seen this.

Cheers!

Aff

Tagged:

Comments

• AffraeAffrae Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 25
  • spiderlanespiderlane Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I get this too. What format are the tracks you are playing? Mine are all FLAC and ALAC and I think it's something to do with the fact that Plex is transcoding these into MP3 (even though the Sonos players can natively play these formats) and I think it's getting the track lengths incorrect in some way, making the Sonos player play some other data form some internal buffer or something.

That's just my guess. It would be good to get some feedback from Plex on this - even just to acknowledge the bug.

• JosefKnechtJosefKnecht Posts: 3Members ✭✭

I am having the same issue, and I am playing Apple lossless

• mcknight_mediamcknight_media Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue here, all music is FLAC uncompressed. Also have some items that don't play due to sample rate.. Strange that Plex is transcoding anything here since Sonos natively plays just about any audio format

• michaelyorkmichaelyork Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue here with ALAC!

• spiderlanespiderlane Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Seems like it's the lossless formats which cause this problem. I've now given up on using this integration. Along with the Alexa integration. Seems these new features are released without being ready for prime time and then put to the back of the queue whilst other new features are delivered.