If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] FMoviesPlus Channel

Comments

• thedoppelgangerthedoppelganger Posts: 106Members ✭✭
    edited February 2017

Versions 6,7,8 and 9 work ok with PMS Win7 and Roku4 (SkyNowTV with Plex Classic 3.1.9 sideloaded.
    Just a couple of observations:
    Openload worked but stopped in v6. (maybe the source server?)
    Google 2 and Openload have disappeared as options in newer version, but Google2 still does work in v6.
    Brilliant work tho!

UPDATE.
    After a bit of downgrading/re upgrading via the Roku plug in, Open load and Both Google servers are back on Win7 PC, but not within the Roku plugin viewed on TV. This has probably got something to do with Plex not cleaning up properly or previous versions leaving remnants as I've also noticed bookmarks disappear then come back, which is a definite trait of Plex when plugins are updated. Worth trying a complete clean / flush of Plex caches.

• coder-alphacoder-alpha Posts: 787Members ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

@rufo61 @thedoppelganger

Just updated the channel.

Just realized a nasty bug which was the cause of some issues. A Timeout checker implemented for Plex-Web (due to its short 20 sec. timeout) was actually interfering with other clients.

Google Server 1 has been down also it seems and only available for their older content.

EDIT: Also if the server API does not return a link at all for any of the servers then they are not shown under the options for playback.

OS: Win7, Win10, Ubuntu 16.04, MacOS Sierra, FreeBSD 11.0

Storage: 4x6TB WD PR4100 NAS

Clients: PlexWeb, Samsung Plex App, Sony Opera App, Firestick Android, PS4, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 7.0

Channels: FMoviesPlus, cCloudTv, Einthusan, DesiTelly

If you like my channels you can support my beer fund here ;)

My published channels and other work in progress on github

• rufo61rufo61 Posts: 89Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 2017

Your latest update Fixed all issues. Thank You so much! The update solved all of my problems instantly.

PMS on Windows10, Roku 3, 2nd gen Fire TV Stick, Samsung UN32J5500, and a Vizio P602uiB3
  • jimmolinarojimmolinaro Posts: 62Members ✭✭
    edited February 2017

@coder-alpha said:
    @rufo61 @thedoppelganger

Just updated the channel.

Just realized a nasty bug which was the cause of some issues. A Timeout checker implemented for Plex-Web (due to its short 20 sec. timeout) was actually interfering with other clients.

Google Server 1 has been down also it seems and only available for their older content.

EDIT: Also if the server API does not return a link at all for any of the servers then they are not shown under the options for playback.

Hi coder, where can I get the very latest version of your fmovies plugin/ Thanks!

BTW, im using an older Plex ver 9.16.6, could that possibly be the reason fmovies does not work for me?

• CRASH69CRASH69 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@coder-alpha
    Everything appears to be running good. Just an FYI a lot of the bookmarks when saved pull up images of wrong things. Kinda funny the pictures it picks. You had asked me about the Shuffle. For example say you pick Mysteries of the Museum you go into the all seasons bookmark i have saved, then you select the season you want to watch. On the left and your in for example season 5, in most channels you would see a Play button and also a shuffle button and if you hit it then it would play an episode from within that season and then shuffle through those at the end of each show to another episode within that season group. Also some channels if you start say episode 4, once its done it rolls onto next episode i.e. 5, then 6, etc. That's what i was trying to explain. BUT - long store short of it is this is an AWESOME channel and will use and tell my friends about it. Maybe one day you can add and or fix the above if you get bored. Thanks again for all you have done for all of us who use Plex. Take Care.

@jimmolinaro said:
    Hi coder, where can I get the very latest version of your fmovies plugin/ Thanks!

BTW, im using an older Plex ver 9.16.6, could that possibly be the reason fmovies does not work for me?

First post in this thread will link you to the latest release. It is also available via WebTools (UAS2) from where also you can upgrade to the latest.

@CRASH69 said:
    @coder-alpha
    Everything appears to be running good. Just an FYI a lot of the bookmarks when saved pull up images of wrong things. Kinda funny the pictures it picks. You had asked me about the Shuffle. For example say you pick Mysteries of the Museum you go into the all seasons bookmark i have saved, then you select the season you want to watch. On the left and your in for example season 5, in most channels you would see a Play button and also a shuffle button and if you hit it then it would play an episode from within that season and then shuffle through those at the end of each show to another episode within that season group. Also some channels if you start say episode 4, once its done it rolls onto next episode i.e. 5, then 6, etc. That's what i was trying to explain. BUT - long store short of it is this is an AWESOME channel and will use and tell my friends about it. Maybe one day you can add and or fix the above if you get bored. Thanks again for all you have done for all of us who use Plex. Take Care.

I will need to check on the Bookmark issue you mentioned. I did implement a change recently to how Bookmarks are saved to allow different movies with same name. That might have caused some issues.

I'll see the requirement to implement Shuffle and Continuous play. If you know which Channel has that implemented it would help.

Clients: PlexWeb, Samsung Plex App, Sony Opera App, Firestick Android, PS4, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 7.0

• CRASH69CRASH69 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@coder-alpha said:

@jimmolinaro said:

First post in this thread will link you to the latest release. It is also available via WebTools (UAS2) from where also you can upgrade to the latest.

@CRASH69 said:
    @coder-alpha

I will need to check on the Bookmark issue you mentioned. I did implement a change recently to how Bookmarks are saved to allow different movies with same name. That might have caused some issues.

I'll see the requirement to implement Shuffle and Continuous play. If you know which Channel has that implemented it would help.

Discovery, Fox, BitTorrent. To name a few. They give you option to PLAY ALL and / or SHUFFLE.

• jimmolinarojimmolinaro Posts: 62Members ✭✭
    edited February 2017

GOOD NEW!!! I just upgraded to Plex Ver 1.3.4.3285 from .9.16.6 and all is well! Fmovies is working now as is HGTV Full episodes which I also lost around the same time. If you haven't done so yet, you might want try a Plex upgrade to try and correct your Fmovies and HGTV Full Episodes issues. It worked for me.

Update

It seems the site is now using Google links that might pose issues with some clients. I ran into issues on my Samsung when Plex Web played those links fine.

In the new update (ver. 0.11) I have added an option 'Redirector' under the Options menu. Only if your client is not able to play the Google server links you might want to try after enabling this option. If your client does require the Redirector option enabled please do post and let us know here. Thanks.

• Bingo72Bingo72 Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Nice work with the app coder-alpha.
    The app works great on android phone and tablet. But my Samsung Smart Hub (D8000-series from 2011) does not quite agree with me. I always get "Unable to connect to the content server" regardless if I try to watch a movie with Google 2 or OpenLoad. The newly Redirector switch does not help either. However I am able to watch the movie trailers.
    The FMoviesPlus log file does not show any errors but Plex Media Server log file does show something with Player.js (attached files).
    I am not sure, but could this be the issue with the secured sites that I have heard about regarding older versions of Samsung Smart TVs?

I am running PMS 1.3.4.3285 on Windows 10, latest FMoviesPlus (0.11), Plex version 1.020 on Samsung UE46D8000 (fw 1033.2).

• thedoppelgangerthedoppelganger Posts: 106Members ✭✭
    edited February 2017

Versions 10 and 11 working fine without redirector active.
    Google 1, Google 2 and Openload work in all cases.

This applies to Win7 PC with latest PMS and Roku4 client (NowTV Smart with Plex Classic 3.1.9)

edited February 2017

@Bingo72 said:
    Nice work with the app coder-alpha.
    The app works great on android phone and tablet. But my Samsung Smart Hub (D8000-series from 2011) does not quite agree with me. I always get "Unable to connect to the content server" regardless if I try to watch a movie with Google 2 or OpenLoad. The newly Redirector switch does not help either. However I am able to watch the movie trailers.
    The FMoviesPlus log file does not show any errors but Plex Media Server log file does show something with Player.js (attached files).
    I am not sure, but could this be the issue with the secured sites that I have heard about regarding older versions of Samsung Smart TVs?

I am running PMS 1.3.4.3285 on Windows 10, latest FMoviesPlus (0.11), Plex version 1.020 on Samsung UE46D8000 (fw 1033.2).

Thanks, yes the logs are not too helpful. But it does seem to suggest that there might be a connection issue with TV (when using Direct Play). I have the same issue with my version of the G2G plugin on my Samsung 2.005. But I can get it to work by setting the mode to "Transcoding' or 'Direct Streaming' with the Redirector switch enabled.

PS: If you can confirm "Transcoding" works for you as well I can hopefully add a method to force a client to transcode, I'll implement that as a client specific switch too.

Thanks for the info. I have the same issue with G2G plugin.
    Dumb question, but where did you set those modes? On the TV or PMS? I have trouble finding where you could force PMS to transcodeing.

@Bingo72 said:
    Dumb question, but where did you set those modes? On the TV or PMS? I have trouble finding where you could force PMS to transcodeing.

On the TV.. (I think the Prefs interface is same for different version of the Samsung Plex App) go to Preferences > Player > Playback Mode

@coder-alpha said:

@Bingo72 said:

On the TV.. (I think the Prefs interface is same for different version of the Samsung Plex App) go to Preferences > Player > Playback Mode

Found it but didn't help.
    Thanks anyway.

• mrumaximusmrumaximus Posts: 23Members ✭✭

Stopped working only seeing bookmark option when selecting a movie or tv show to watch. no link available anymore to watch only a bookmark option.

• mrumaximusmrumaximus Posts: 23Members ✭✭

Sorry just want to clear things up I can see the movie/tv links but when I select a any movie/tv show when it opens up I only see a bookmark option that's it. no google or openload links anymore

• Oldman3DOldman3D Posts: 118Members ✭✭

Broken since Friday. Service on the internet is fine.

Traveling at the moment. Checked on my home plex server. Seems to show links for Google and Openload.

Openload seems down though.

• Oldman3DOldman3D Posts: 118Members ✭✭

I just retried it on my system at home..
    I get : This channel is not responding.

This after I click Movies & TV..

I wonder if it is firewall or one of my antivirus scanners.. I let you know..