Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Xbox One now allows Dolby Atmos for 3rd party apps

mike4001mike4001 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 495 Plex Pass

https://majornelson.com/2017/01/23/first-wave-of-new-xbox-update-features-ship-to-select-xbox-insiders-today/

New spatial audio output settings for developers: To enable more immersive experiences for Xbox One, we have added a number of audio output features in Settings. If you are a developer on Xbox One, the new settings will allow you to add Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, Dolby Atmos for Headphones, and Windows HRTF support to your streaming media application or game. For Xbox One owners, hang tight and soon you’ll be able experience even more incredible audio on your console.

Best Answer

Answers

• THEFARKINGPROTHEFARKINGPRO Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

Does that mean true dts hd ma and dolby truehd will be unlocked for plex via bitstreaming

• jmckeejmckee Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 4,801 Plex Ninja

@THEFARKINGPRO said:
    Does that mean true dts hd ma and dolby truehd will be unlocked for plex via bitstreaming

Eventually, yes. But it will most likely need to wait until it is out of the insider preview stage.

• THEFARKINGPROTHEFARKINGPRO Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

@jmckee said:

@THEFARKINGPRO said:

Eventually, yes. But it will most likely need to wait until it is out of the insider preview stage.

Its a start im in the xbox preview program it has the dolby atmos home theater in the bitstream but one problem. i dont have an amp receiver that does dolby atmos so i cant maximize the the glorious sound of atmos with plex so close. But this year im planning to get a receiver that has dts x and atmos haha this going to be fun.

• Wenjun YUWenjun YU Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

@jmckee said:

@THEFARKINGPRO said:

As of yesterday, it is out of the insider preview stage and pushed out to everybody. Hope Plex will soon add the support for advanced audio format.

• WiidesireWiidesire Members, Plex Pass Posts: 505 Plex Pass
  • BOONTOKBOONTOK Members Posts: 5

I want Dolby Atmos support on my Xbox One S Plex app so much. I currently have a 5.1.4 setup (with a dual 18" infinite baffle subwoofer) and my Atmos blurays are out of this world.

I have a few Atmos demo disc files, and they show up in the Plex app with TrueHD7.1 audio. I thought enabling bitstream would be all that's necessary to make this work. Soon, I hope.