If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Apple TV 4 is slow on showing pictures and crashes Plex Media Server

kalagerkalager Posts: 1Members

When showing pictures on Apple TV 4, some pictures are slow to render or do not show at all. Only thumb images appear. At some stage the Plex Media Server crashes. This problem does not occur when showing pictures on Window 10 to the same TV screen. Any advise? :-/

Answers

• amertneramertner Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same issue. Also, I can consistently crash my Apple TV by loading the Plex app, going to the Photos channel, enabling Timeline view, and scrolling down a little bit.

It would be great to hear from Plex on this.

• jruauxjruaux Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same issue. The app crashes consistently when browsing photos.

• ynkvxynkvx Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 13

Same issue here when i add my whole photo library (+10k photos) on Plex it crashes. When i only add a few 100 photos it doesn't crash, but loads very slow, photos as well as home-movies. (scenario number 2 works fine with Plex-app in the browser)

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,809Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

With regards to server crashes, there is currently an issue when playing back on tvOS and iOS apps when Automatic Quality Adjustment is enabled. A fix is coming out soon in a new version of Plex Media Server

Until then, please disable Automatic Quality Adjustment in the app settings which should avoid these server crashes

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,809Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

@ynkvx said:
    Same issue here when i add my whole photo library (+10k photos) on Plex it crashes. When i only add a few 100 photos it doesn't crash, but loads very slow, photos as well as home-movies. (scenario number 2 works fine with Plex-app in the browser)

This may be a different issue - please provide logs captured after restarting following a crash
    See
    https://support.plex.tv/articles/201643703-reporting-issues-with-plex-media-server/
    https://support.plex.tv/articles/200250417-plex-media-server-log-files/

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows