Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Poor transition between tracks when using PLEX in SONOS APP

SiegridSiegrid Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

When playing music via the PLEX media option within the SONOS APP there is an issue with the transition between tracks. It happens every time between tracks/songs. The best way I can explian it is that it sounds like right at the end of the track it picks up a .5 second portion of a track (not sure what track - last, next, other) plays it and then lauches into the next track. It happens between every track transition and is just a bad way to start off every new song. I am running the latest version of the SONOS app and PlayBar firmware. PLEX media server is on my LAN.

Tagged:

Answers

• AffraeAffrae Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

That's funny. I just posted about this too

• JosefKnechtJosefKnecht Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have the same issue...

• syncretistsyncretist Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

…same…ALAC files.

So annoying, as I love just being able to stick with Plex for recent plays, recent additions, etc.

• jjrossjjross Members, Plex Pass Posts: 366 Plex Pass

This happens for me to but not all the time. I think you can mitigate it by turning on cross fade in the Sonos app settings. That seems to have helped. I know some purists might not like it but I've found it noice to have the songs cross fade between themselves.

• virgiliomivirgiliomi Members, Plex Pass Posts: 53 Plex Pass

I think crossfade is just covering up the problem, since the next song is starting at 0 volume, allowing the erroneous audio segment to not be heard.

• jjrossjjross Members, Plex Pass Posts: 366 Plex Pass

@virgiliomi said:
    I think crossfade is just covering up the problem, since the next song is starting at 0 volume, allowing the erroneous audio segment to not be heard.

Totally agree, that's why I said mitigate and not fix.

• iversoniciversonic Members Posts: 2

I too have this issue with Apple Lossless (MP4) files. It doesn't seem to happen with MP3 files.

• stehohrhasestehohrhase Members, Plex Pass Posts: 194 Plex Pass

This Problem happend with Flac and Apple Lossless. I reported 6 Month ago. Nothing happend. No Response.

• SiegridSiegrid Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

Yep - I'm using Apple Lossless. Appreciate the recommendation to mitigate the issue but would love a fix soon.

• elavendersmithelavendersmith Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass
    edited March 30

same problem here with apple lossless files. is it the transcoder? is there a way to turn off music transcoding in plex?

• eyeballtickler7eyeballtickler7 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 153 Plex Pass

Any sign of a fix?