If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Small percentage of files will not pull IMDb metadata

Answers

• chriskeenschriskeens Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've got another one...

First Kill - tt5884234

• maxflixmaxflix Posts: 169Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

First Kill - tt5884234

Fixed

This one isn't working today.... it took it 15 minutes just to pull any data at all! I thought it may just be my connection but others are working fine.

Avengers: Age of Ultron - tt2395427

• maxflixmaxflix Posts: 169Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@chriskeens - That one appears to be working on my end, so I think you are having a different issue. Maybe you could open
    a new thread and attach logs of a refresh?

• Turtletom2014Turtletom2014 Posts: 15Members ✭✭

sorry to jump ship but how have you managed to get the imdbs score to show please? :o

@maxflix said:
    @chriskeens - That one appears to be working on my end, so I think you are having a different issue. Maybe you could open

I thought it might be something else, anyway after a bit of perseverance it has now pulled the rating fine :smiley:

@Turtletom2014 said:
    sorry to jump ship but how have you managed to get the imdbs score to show please? :o

You have to use the plex movie agent to scan your database, making sure that you have selected IMDB as the rating source in settings

• Turtletom2014Turtletom2014 Posts: 15Members ✭✭

@chriskeens said:

@maxflix said:

I thought it might be something else, anyway after a bit of perseverance it has now pulled the rating fine :smiley:

@Turtletom2014 said:

You have to use the plex movie agent to scan your database, making sure that you have selected IMDB as the rating source in settings

Thankyou, would you be able to point me to where in the settings this option please. I cant seem to find it no where

@Turtletom2014 said:
    Thankyou, would you be able to point me to where in the settings this option please. I cant seem to find it no where

On your server you go into the settings, select 'server', then select 'agents' from the left hand side. Next you select 'Plex Movie' to show that agent which will bring up a list of the available additional agents. Now click the cog icon to the right of the plex movie agent to bring up the 'Plex Movie Settings'. Under 'Ratings source' select IMDB.

All you need to do then is make sure that your library is using the Plex Movie Agent to scan (from the server home page, hover over your movie library and click the 3 dots, then click edit, select advanced and make sure the agent drop down is set to 'Plex Movie'.

Now just refresh the metadata for the library and the IMDB ratings should be shown (some of the movies may need a couple of refreshes/rematches to get it to work)

• NewPlazaNewPlaza Posts: 711Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Turtletom2014 said:

You will find that option when you edit a library.

• LightkeeperLightkeeper Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Seem to have the same problem with Adult Life Skills (tt4211044)

I have another one...

Amelia 2.0 - tt3831344

I fixed Adult Life Skills, but something else is going one with Amelia 2.0 that I am still looking into, sorry!

edited August 17

And another: Air (tt2091478)

@Lightkeeper - that one should be working already. Please clear your http cache and if the problem continues, post logs. Thanks!

@maxflix said:
    @Lightkeeper - that one should be working already. Please clear your http cache and if the problem continues, post logs. Thanks!

Clearing http cache helped. Thanks :)

edited August 17

Hmm... maybe Airplane vs Volcano (tt3417334) + Airport (tt0065377) then?

Both of those should be working, too, @Lightkeeper

• ddefauvilleddefauville Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi, I've been struggling with previously mentioned title: Beasts of the Southern Wild - tt2125435
    All other titles work fine.
    Thanks in advance

Still working on the IMDb fix for Beasts of the Southern Wild and Amelia 2.0 - sorry!

• ddefauvilleddefauville Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 26

Hi, I still struggle getting IMDb ratings for Beasts of the Southern Wild - tt2125435.
    I have cleared Firefox cache and I have "unmatched" and "Fix match" and "Refresh metadata" so many times I have lost count.
    This title (tt2125435) is the only title out of 801 movies where I fail getting IMDb ratings. Very strange...
    @maxflix I am not sure I have attached the correct log but I see some errors regarding 2125435. Perhaps you understand what is causing the problem. Thanks so much for your assistance.