If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Small percentage of files will not pull IMDb metadata

Answers

• maxflixmaxflix Posts: 169Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Thanks for the logs! You're correct about there being errors for the film - it's actually a different problem than the one most of the other films mentioned in this thread are dealing with. I'll let you know when I have a fix for your issue!

• ddefauvilleddefauville Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi, I see now I misunderstood you, sorry about that.
    I thought you had solved Beasts of the Southern Wild tt2125435 - but when I read your post again, I see you're still working on this issue. I just thought there was something wrong on my side.
    Thanks for your prompt feedback, greatly appreciated!

• LightkeeperLightkeeper Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 30

Can you check All the Boys Love Mandy Lane (tt0490076)?

/EDIT Seems to be fixed

• chriskeenschriskeens Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have another...

The Vault - tt1785635

Looks like Amen. (tt0280653) is failing

@Lightkeeper said:
    Looks like Amen. (tt0280653) is failing

Amen. works fine for me

I think there's some bug somewhere, because sometimes it works - and other times it doesn't. Maybe some connection issue to IMDb?

@Lightkeeper said:
    I think there's some bug somewhere, because sometimes it works - and other times it doesn't. Maybe some connection issue to IMDb?

Yes, sometimes when adding the ratings are not pulled (seems that the connection times out). However, this can normally be fixed with a manual refresh of the metadata. Sometimes it takes a little more effort in manually unmatching and rematching. On the rare occasion the full 'Plex dance' has been required.

There are a few movies that have another issue that has to be fixed (most of which have been listed here and fixed by
    maxflix), some can't be fixed due to being listed as 'TV Movies' or 'Videos' and therefore not allowed to pull the metadata by IMDb. There are a couple of others that have another issue that is not yet fixed.

edited September 13

The Vault - tt1785635 now seems to be working.

I seem to be having trouble with these ones though:

The Saint - tt2569088
    The Good Catholic - tt4721404

@maxflix said:
    Thanks for the logs! You're correct about there being errors for the film - it's actually a different problem than the one most of the other films mentioned in this thread are dealing with. I'll let you know when I have a fix for your issue!

No pressure but just wondering if you have found a fix for Beasts of the Southern Wild tt2125435.
    I have also issues with this particular title: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales tt1790809.
    Thnx in advance!

edited September 18

@maxflix I have attached the log file regarding another IMDB ratings issue with Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales tt1790809.
    Hopefully you can help us solve this title too.
    Any luck or progress with Beasts of the Southern Wild tt2125435 ?
    Thanks for your kind assistance!

Edit: removed log file

• maxflixmaxflix Posts: 169Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Hey @ddefauville - Dead Men Tell No Tales should be fixed. No luck with Beasts yet - sorry! I'll update here as soon as I have time to take a look!

Thanks @maxflix for your effort, but I'm afraid I still can't get an IMDb match for Dead Men Tell No Tales tt1790809.

@ddefauville - please try clearing your HTTP cache: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/202967376-Clearing-Plugin-Channel-Agent-HTTP-Caches

And then update your metadata - thanks!

@maxflix said:
    @ddefauville - please try clearing your HTTP cache: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/202967376-Clearing-Plugin-Channel-Agent-HTTP-Caches

Maybe you could add a "Clear Cache"-button instead of that cumbersome way. Deleting folders in root folder in Linux is not the easiest thing in the world - and really never should be necessary.

edited September 18

@maxflix said:

Thanks @maxflix - clearing http cache did not help at first, but I also noticed I did not have latest server version.
    Updating to server 1.8.4.4249 helped, perhaps clearing http cache was also necessary.
    Anyway, now I have IMDb ratings for Dead Men Tell No Tales tt1790809 and I'm very pleased.
    Now, I only have one title remaining without IMDb ratings matching.
    Thank you @maxflix for your kind assistance!

Im still having issues with this one...
    The Saint - tt2569088

and also this is a new one..
    6 Days - tt4703048

• midrangemidrange Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The Godfather Epic 1977 (tt0809488)

Hey @chriskeens - apologies for the delay. I've fixed 6 Days. Unfortunately, The Saint is a TV Movie and we can only display IMDb ratings for feature films :/

@midrange - same goes for The Godfather Epic. It's a mini-series, so we can't show the IMDb rating.

@maxflix said:
    Hey @chriskeens - apologies for the delay. I've fixed 6 Days. Unfortunately, The Saint is a TV Movie and we can only display IMDb ratings for feature films :/

@midrange - same goes for The Godfather Epic. It's a mini-series, so we can't show the IMDb rating.

That's fine. What we need is some way of manually telling plex where the rating is coming from so it uses the IMDB image anyway