If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PLAYER_ERROR_CONNECTION_FAILED

I can't play any media on my Plex Smart Tv app. and always the same error. "PLAYER ERROR CONNECTION FAILED" I'm sending the log files as your instruuction.

20:17 UTC+3

Comments

• cemizgi@gmail.comcemizgi@gmail.com Posts: 6Members ✭✭

2016 Samsung TV by the way.

• erfinatorerfinator Posts: 7Members

same here Samsung 2016 suhd 65"

was told by Samsung support , that files arent the same format with plex media server
    downloaded .mkv file not the same with plex media server , it shows a different format with the rest of the other files

Plex you guys have some answering to do , I really enjoy your application and thank you for the use of your product , but something is definately not working with it right now .

Do I have to purchase plex do use the sync feature in the server application ? somebody has to say something here .

I tried all formats. I even changed some files to Plex's own format and didn't work.

• markandersen1988markandersen1988 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem here. :-( 65KS7005

• alienonearthalienonearth Posts: 5Members ✭✭

same here. 50ku7000.
    btw, I think the problem started after a firmware update by Samsung.

• kurfalikurfali Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

same problem. i am desperate. help.

please fix samsung - plex app

• Wiz182Wiz182 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any news on this???

• partridgepartridge Posts: 1Members

+1 please fix. thanks!

it's fixed. and I didn't do anything. either application or plex media server had an aotu update and they fixed the problem. I dont know?

@cemizgi@gmail.com which version do you have? server and player?

my server on 1.4.1 and player 3.0.6. ı have updated server tonight to 1.4.1 and nothing changed. there is no update for tv app.

• myaylalimyaylali Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass

same here with Samsung 60ks8000. I'm a newbie to plex, I see all of the library videos with thumbnails and features and streaming with my laptop is ok but getting error message with my new Samsung TV.

i still have this problem. anyone to help?

Please fix Plex! Do you hear us?

still nothing.

• hensehense Posts: 3Members

Using Plex 3.0.9 on my Samsung KS7090. Worked until 2 or 3 days ago. Now Plex can't play anything. If I enable DLNA in the Plex server settings I can play all files without problems with the Samsung Mediaserver App.

Plex please fix your app.

• VirulentPipVirulentPip Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have this issue as of last night. Works fine on Samsung UEJU6400 and XB1 S. But my Samsung UEKS7000 is a no go :(

Plex Version 3.0.9 (2.12.6)
    Tizen Version 2.4.0