Our forum migration to Discourse will be going on starting late today June 19 to 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post here for more information https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/319354/well-be-moving-the-forums-to-discourse-heres-the-scoop/
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PLAYER_ERROR_CONNECTION_FAILED

Comments

• efekurnazefekurnaz Posts: 1Members

@baptist532 said:
    I searched all over for a fix for "Player_Error_Connection_Failed:" because none of my videos would play through the Samsung Plex app. However, my videos did play using the Plex DLNA server (Under tv sources, like HDMI, etc).

These steps fixed the problem for me. 1) On the server PC, open Server -> Network settings and disable "Secure Connections". Required & Preferred do not work for me. 2) Uncheck "Enable server support for IPv6", "Enable HTTP Pipelining ", "Webhooks ". 3)Turn off TV 4)Restart Plex server (I closed program on my PC, then re-opened it) 5)Turn on TV and reopen Plex app. 6) It Finally works!

Here's my setup and I didn't buy Plex Pass:
    -PMS Version 1.5.5.3634
    -Model UN60KU6270 - Samsung 60" (2016)
    -Plex app for Samsung 3.0.11 (3.1.0) downloaded thru TV from Samsung app store

Hope this helps you guys...

This worked for me as well! Thanks mate!

PMS. 1.7.5.4035
    Samsung 60KS8000 Tizen 2.4.0
    Plex app for samsung 3.1.0

• tomcatuktomcatuk Posts: 1Members

Only Plex Pass holders can access that link, repost it here please.

• bradmax57bradmax57 Posts: 2Members

@baptist532 said:
    I searched all over for a fix for "Player_Error_Connection_Failed:" because none of my videos would play through the Samsung Plex app. However, my videos did play using the Plex DLNA server (Under tv sources, like HDMI, etc).

These steps fixed the problem for me. 1) On the server PC, open Server -> Network settings and disable "Secure Connections". Required & Preferred do not work for me. 2) Uncheck "Enable server support for IPv6", "Enable HTTP Pipelining ", "Webhooks ". 3)Turn off TV 4)Restart Plex server (I closed program on my PC, then re-opened it) 5)Turn on TV and reopen Plex app. 6) It Finally works!

Here's my setup and I didn't buy Plex Pass:
    -PMS Version 1.5.5.3634
    -Model UN60KU6270 - Samsung 60" (2016)
    -Plex app for Samsung 3.0.11 (3.1.0) downloaded thru TV from Samsung app store

Hope this helps you guys...

Thankyou works perfectly on mine :)

• siksik6siksik6 Posts: 2Members

Thanks worked for me, just needed to set "Secure Connections" to disabled.

• SeeferkelSeeferkel Posts: 2Members

Is that advisable to disable a secure connection?

• 1987diogo1987diogo Posts: 1Members

Same issue, same solution

• spbonzospbonzo Posts: 1Members

Samsung QE49Q7F running Plex client that accesses a QNAP NAS has the same issue. I too found that changing the Secure Connections setting to Disabled worked but I want to use an encrypted connection from remote sites.

With the Secure Connections setting set to Required or Preferred I could access Plex from the TV and browse the content but nothing would play.

According to Plex all Samsung TVs from 2016 onwards can connect to Plex using an encrypted connection so something's not working as expected.

I may disabled external access to my Plex server until either Samsung or Plex solve the problem.

• LyriCLyriC Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

Same issue here, is thair a new plex app for Samsung QE49Q7F?
    Please fix this issue

• Plutonic1Plutonic1 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 8

Same thing here.
    TV Samsung 2017 MU8009
    PlexApp 3.3.4
    Plex Server Version 1.12.2.4929
    Synology Diskstation 916+ with the newest Firmware
    Disable secure connections doesn't work on my TV. :neutral:

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=0823e5-1523302902.jpg

• Lee & NicLee & Nic Posts: 6Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'll join the chorus, same issue on Samsung The Frame 43"

Disabling secure connections worked but obviously this is not an ideal solution

any updates here?
    is there a new Plex App to fix this problem?
    Thx

• Mad_piggyMad_piggy Posts: 8Members ✭✭

Same issue. Server reboot resolves the issue temporary
    Disable secure connection , did allow me to watch items. Fast forwarding or pausing causes the issue to resurface. Forcing me to reboot the server again.

Samsung ue65mu8000
    Samsung plex app 3.3.4
    Plex media server 1.13.0.5023
    Qnap ts-469L 4.3.4.0593

• stefan.degenstefan.degen Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same Issue here!

With the Secure Connections setting set to Required or Preferred I could access Plex from the TV and browse the content but nothing would play!

Samsung QE65Q9FN
    Samsung Plex App: 3.3.4
    Plex Media Server 1.13.2.5102
    QNAP TS451

PMS running on: QNAP TS451-4GB, 4x 3TB Seagate ST3000VN000-1HJ166 SC60
    Plex Clients: iOS App iPad Air2, 2x Chromecast, Rasplex @Rasperry Pi3
    TV: LG 55" 55LM960v

• dinamite22dinamite22 Posts: 1Members

some news? me too does not work on 49mu7000

Read any PLEX supporter this Thread?
    can someone of PLEX Supporter write some info for this Problem, or when it will be fixed.
    Thx for your answer

• snipedogsnipedog Posts: 7Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same problem on a Samsung Series 6 65“ which I bought yesterday. I can login and browser my PLeX library but cannot play any file.

• snipedogsnipedog Posts: 7Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It would be highly appreciated if someone from Plex could look into this.

New plex server available. Will test and Get back to you later today.

@Mad_piggy said:
    New plex server available. Will test and Get back to you later today.

Until now I did not get any connection error. Is this issue resolved?

not really the problem still exists on Samsung Q7f
    still waiting for a fix
    any PLEX supporter please fix this Problem.
    Thx a lot