Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

LG webOS 3.0 - Plex Cloud problems with secure connections

mmitterdorfermmitterdorfer Posts: 38Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am one of the lucky users who got an invitation to test Plex Cloud, but now I found out that the official plex app for webOS 3.0 does not support secure connections on my LG OLED65E6 TV which is required by Plex Cloud - damn it!

PLEX developers: can you please update the app on webOS 3.0

I would like to use Plex Cloud on my TV!

Best Answer

• mmitterdorfermmitterdorfer Posts: 38Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

with the app xplay it is possible to use plex cloud on webOS 3.0

Answers

• mmitterdorfermmitterdorfer Posts: 38Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

with the app xplay it is possible to use plex cloud on webOS 3.0

• tuckerovituckerovi Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the xplay app on my lg TV due to the fact that cloud doesn't support secure connection from a cloud server, however, the xplay unofficial app is only valid for four days and then I need to pay to unlock it to keep using it, hopefully the devs can update the plex app on webos soon

• Dr ToneDr Tone Posts: 106Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@tuckerovi said:
    I have the xplay app on my lg TV due to the fact that cloud doesn't support secure connection from a cloud server, however, the xplay unofficial app is only valid for four days and then I need to pay to unlock it to keep using it, hopefully the devs can update the plex app on webos soon

They've updated it twice in the last week. Maybe they don't have the issue high on the priority list?

• tuckerovituckerovi Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Dr Tone
    They've updated it twice in the last week. Maybe they don't have the issue high on the priority list?

I will need to uninstall it from the TV and install it again, I haven't been prompted to update it like I normally am when I open it :-(

• Dr ToneDr Tone Posts: 106Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It just updates automatically for me.

• aixegorriaixegorri Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi, I'm with the same problem in 2 Smart TVs (Sony and LG) Anyone knows how to fix it?

• ed_dbed_db Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I too am also interested for when this fix goes in. Plex cloud works fine from CC but not from the Web OS 3.0 TV native app.