Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

LG webOS 3.0 - Plex Cloud problems with secure connections

mmitterdorfermmitterdorfer Members, Plex Pass Posts: 48 Plex Pass

I am one of the lucky users who got an invitation to test Plex Cloud, but now I found out that the official plex app for webOS 3.0 does not support secure connections on my LG OLED65E6 TV which is required by Plex Cloud - damn it!

PLEX developers: can you please update the app on webOS 3.0

I would like to use Plex Cloud on my TV!

Best Answer

• mmitterdorfermmitterdorfer Members, Plex Pass Posts: 48 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

with the app xplay it is possible to use plex cloud on webOS 3.0

Answers

Accepted Answer

with the app xplay it is possible to use plex cloud on webOS 3.0

• tuckerovituckerovi Members, Plex Pass Posts: 13 Plex Pass

I have the xplay app on my lg TV due to the fact that cloud doesn't support secure connection from a cloud server, however, the xplay unofficial app is only valid for four days and then I need to pay to unlock it to keep using it, hopefully the devs can update the plex app on webos soon

• Dr ToneDr Tone Members, Plex Pass Posts: 110 Plex Pass

@tuckerovi said:
    I have the xplay app on my lg TV due to the fact that cloud doesn't support secure connection from a cloud server, however, the xplay unofficial app is only valid for four days and then I need to pay to unlock it to keep using it, hopefully the devs can update the plex app on webos soon

They've updated it twice in the last week. Maybe they don't have the issue high on the priority list?

• tuckerovituckerovi Members, Plex Pass Posts: 13 Plex Pass

@Dr Tone
    They've updated it twice in the last week. Maybe they don't have the issue high on the priority list?

I will need to uninstall it from the TV and install it again, I haven't been prompted to update it like I normally am when I open it :-(

• Dr ToneDr Tone Members, Plex Pass Posts: 110 Plex Pass

It just updates automatically for me.

• aixegorriaixegorri Members, Plex Pass Posts: 31 Plex Pass

Hi, I'm with the same problem in 2 Smart TVs (Sony and LG) Anyone knows how to fix it?

• ed_dbed_db Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

I too am also interested for when this fix goes in. Plex cloud works fine from CC but not from the Web OS 3.0 TV native app.

• gondovaldgondovald Members, Plex Pass Posts: 62 Plex Pass

Hi,

Any update on this problem, I'm considering buying a LB WebOS 3.0 TV but I need to be sure that it will work with Plex cloud.

Thx

• zunfire7zunfire7 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass

I recently found out that I can't use Plex Cloud in LG WebOS because secure connections are not supported... please show some love for the LG app !!!

PLEX and LG developers - please update the software to support PLEX CLOUD .... it is a shame that one of the biggest TV companies does not support secure connections!!!! especially when you pay for a very expensive TV like the LG OLED65E6 !!!!

• XX-IVXX-IV Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

Hola a todos, acabo de chatear con el servicio de LG y me han dicho que la actualización de PLEX no es cosa de ellos, que son los desarrolladores los que les envían las actualizaciones de las aplicaciones, por lo que es PLEX quien se tiene que poner las pilas y mandarles la solución para que cuando abramos plex cloud desde la aplicación de plex de nuestra tele, no nos salga el aviso de conexiones inseguras. Un saludo

• omegamuerteomegamuerte Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Adding another voice here for some love on the LG webOS Plex app. Would love to be able to use my cloud server on the app

• Bromley2000Bromley2000 Validating Posts: 6 ✭✭

Another voice, works on old models of LG but not the newer models. Plex do you have a fix in hand?

• Jacko371Jacko371 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Its annoying that there has been no response from Plex regarding this. Still can't use Plec Cloud with a new LG TV!

• wpserverwpserver Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Tengo dos cuentas plex pass vitalicias y no es posible que no las pueda usar con mis televisores WebOS por que la aplicacion no soporta conexiones seguras.

does anybody know a support & feedback e-mail or website to write LG to support secure connections? If enough consumers write them, they will maybe include that in the next update?

• Gdr56Gdr56 Members Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

@mmitterdorfer said:
    does anybody know a support & feedback e-mail or website to write LG to support secure connections? If enough consumers write them, they will maybe include that in the next update?

try the following

http://www.lg.com/au/support/contact/chat-email

LG have forums in states good place to start, LG web OS has also.

• Gdr56Gdr56 Members Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

@mmitterdorfer said:

Is it possible to use a VPN config-ed Modem router?

• zunfire7zunfire7 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass

Plex, please don't forget to update this to support secure conections!! Plex Cloud is important to customers!

@Gdr56 said:

@mmitterdorfer said:

Is it possible to use a VPN config-ed Modem router?

I do not have a router to configure a VPN connection ...