Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Enable / Disable subs via API

ufomammut66ufomammut66 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi-

I would love to write a little app to be able to send commands to my PMP to enable and disable the subtitles on the currently playing video. My end game is to plug this into my home automation system that uses home assistant (http://home-assistant.io) and ultimately add it to my Alexa custom commands. I was hoping that there might be an available api I can use to do this, however in my initial research to find any docs for plex products I came up short. I found some community made docs for the server but thats about it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Answers

• danjames92danjames92 Posts: 3,195Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Why don't you just programme it to press the S key which already changes subtitles.

Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub

• ufomammut66ufomammut66 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@danjames92 said:
    Why don't you just programme it to press the S key which already changes subtitles.

Hmm, so are you proposing that I could basically whip up a program that would run on the machine running PMP to trigger a 'S' key press? That could deff work, however I was hoping to have to write a bit less code. I was kind of hoping more along the lines of a simple rest api I could use something like curl to trigger.

This is a great alternative though if there is no built in options, thanks!