If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Keyboard media keys no longer work with Plex for Windows?

I use the Plex app for Windows when I'm at my desktop. My media-ready keyboard (has play/pause, volume, forward/back, etc.) used to control Plex without a problem. All of a sudden, these keys no longer work; I can only control Plex by going into the app, and using the mouse to select the buttons in the app.

I was experiencing this intermittently before the lastest Windows update was pushed to my computer, but now the functionality appears to be completely gone.

Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Answers

• bkvammebkvamme Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,
    The media keys on the keyboard function for me. Running 3.2.5-90ab0095 (which was released on 31.01).

• rtbrown560rtbrown560 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2017

Did this ever get looked into? I am having the same problem. (Windows Desktop Application)
    Works on Spotify and if I am focused in Plex. However, I noticed that Plex doesn't put the info (track, artist, etc.) up by the volume slider like other media apps do. Maybe related?

• dogsdanglesdogsdangles Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I still have inconsistent results with the Windows app. Honestly, I just gave up on using the app, and I now just access Plex via the browser. It's not ideal, but it ends up being faster than messing around with the Windows app every time I want to hear some music. There are also so many missing features in the Windows app (like adding music to playlists!) that it's kind of a joke as far as music players go. My two cents. I'm sure you'll find some people out there who love the app. If so, I'd like to hear what I'm missing.

So, no, in my experience this has not been resolved.

• rtbrown560rtbrown560 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'd just like to put a note here that the Plexamp music player solved my issues. I love it
    (obviously doesn't help if you weren't using Plex for music)